CMC: M.Y. 2166 - New Threats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC: M.Y. 2166 - New Threats?

Fellow Comrades, Roze Function is now under hivean control and the first part of the invasion is complete; that is, to establish a base of operations in Data Angel territory.

The Central Military Committee reports no hivean casualties but fears strong retaliation from the CyCon. The reason is that our forces are now dangerously close to CyCon settlements and they may decide to launch devastating bio-chemical suicide missions against our newly conquered Data Angel bases.

Therefore, it is suggested that we primarily focus on the western part of Data Angel territory and allocate resources into offensive strikes against the CyCon settlements in the east before occupying the easternmost Data Angel bases.

Currently, our invasion suffers from the lack of available defensive probe teams. Alas, the invasion may not turn out to be as swift as previously assumed. However, it seems we do have time on our side.

Our single Cruiser Class transport arrived at New Moscow from Bones island and awaits orders next year. The Central Military Committee suggest embarking a small invasion force and head for the naval Data Angel bases. To this, we would require at least a single amphibious unit and as many defensive probes as possible. The Central Military Committee is, however, uncertain if this is at all possible and requests assistance in evaluating our possibilities.

Finally, the Central Military Committee needs to know if any technologies should be downloaded from the Data Angel datalinks. If not, then the probes are assigned defensive duties.

(A new tactical map may be procured upon request.)

Comrade Rubin
    Chairman of the Central military Committee

Yes it might be good if we can see a map. I can of course go back and open the turn but a map will help at times when some of us can not open the turn.

My recollection is that we have some Crimson Guard (not dropped) that could be dispatched with the transport. I do not remember if we have amphibious ability. Will look into it.

I will also look into Roze's list of technologies.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

How far away are we from the CCs?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The Central Military Committee has put together a limited tactical map.

File access: (Edit: File removed.)

It should be clear that the CyCon can strike at all Data Angel bases--though the westernmost ones would imply suicide missions.

Perhaps we should start harrassing the CyCon settlements within range of our aircraft?

Comrade Rubin
        Chairman of the Central Military Committee
        Last edited by Rubin; June 17, 2004, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin
          Perhaps we should start harrassing the CyCon settlements within range of our aircraft?

Comrade Rubin
          Chairman of the Central Military Committee
          Sounds a good plan to me. Destroy some of their teraformings, keep them busy for their own demestic troubles so that they don't have time for us. That'll do.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me.

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yes we do have amphibious ability. Will do a prototype next turn. Also, Ruth has 4 or 5 techs that we don't need. Please don't steal tech from her. We will have to send a couple chopper or bomber around to make our own map of her territory. Not sure if we could steal some money from her though.

Also I don't see a lot CC teraformings within 12 squares.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We should perhaps also attemp to send the probe foil to infiltrate the CCs.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                  We should perhaps also attemp to send the probe foil to infiltrate the CCs.
                  Yes were did you keep that probe foil all the time? I just kept on lurking for it...
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes Rubin did a very good job manuvering that probe foil and use it to infiltrate you in the end. This is one thing that I was very stunned to see. Not sure if I really learnt how to do it so successful yet.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The probe foil wasn't used to infiltrate them. It was when they took that data angel base we got them infiltrated I think.

Comment

Now I'm sure. No popup happens in multiplayer when a player is infiltrated then. At least not in 'Play By E-Mail'. I remember infiltrating a player in TCP/IP some years ago (without patches probably) and he received a popup.

Didn't you never miss some pods suddenly? In the end I was busy popping all in reach for a lucky strike.
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well I guess I'm never really keen in military aspects. I just remembered the probe foil was in range with a CC base one turn before Rubin said we infiltrated them so I assumed that he used it. But certainly he could have done so at the data angel base. Was that 2171?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                          X