Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CMC needs you - Unit naming contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aasimov's book "Nemesis"
    Do you recommend that book.... I'm looking for another read and I kindof liked Asimov's foundation series.

Comment

I finished Nightfall some time ago. It was a pretty good read too.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kody

Do you recommend that book.... I'm looking for another read and I kindof liked Asimov's foundation series.
        I don't remember Nemesis that well.... it was a while ago... more recently some sci-fi books I liked were Ender's Game, The Light of Other Days, and A Fire Upon the Deep. I also like Arthur C. Clarke.
        "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
          Read Asimov's Robot novels: Caves of Steel, Naked Sun, Robots of Dawn, and Robots and Empire.
          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Should I add those to my reading list as well? I'm always looking for a good book to read...
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Originally posted by Octavian X
              Should I add those to my reading list as well? I'm always looking for a good book to read...
              By all means...

Speaking of good reads, I've got an interesting idea. Perhaps we should start a Hive Book Club, each month we'd select a new book to read and then discuss (I've always wanted to be part of a book club).
              You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Agatha Christie!!!
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Stay on the subject!

The subject is unit naming if someone had forgotten!

Anyways i have some last resort ideas:

Annihilator
                  Obliterator
                  Mutilator
                  Violator
                  Alligator

Among the more hive-like ideas are:

Stalinist
                  Leninist
                  Cossack (Not communistic but anyways)
                  "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Comment

Thanks, Comrade Scorpi!

We already have the Kozak / Cossack unit (Scout Choppers), but thank you anyways.

Any other ideas? Comrade HongHu? Chairman? Doughnutman Comrade Octavian X?
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                    Let me eat your yummy brain!
                    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

If we've got some regular infantry units, why not 'The People's Army?'
                      Join a Democracy Game today!
                      | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

And we always have the sword of Lenin.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Nightfall for a drop unit.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Thunderbird for the interceptor.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

GeoDropper for a drop unit
                              'Borg Infantry for a heavy assault battlefield workhorse
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X