This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science and Society Committee (SSC)

This thread is created for discussions regarding tech research issues. People need to familiarize themselves with the following issues: (This is an initial list and should be amended and updated by everybody who has additional thoughts.)

1. Determine our research beeline.
    2. Determine the next tech to research according our beeline. This involves determine the available tech list.
    Which techs we have, how many techs we have, what we can get from Drones, what we don't need since we already have prototypes, what tech can be potentially traded for, etc.
    3. Closely follow what other factions have been researching and how far along they are and what is their possible next beeline.
    4. Propose potential tech trade and prototype trade with other factions.
    5. Determine which techs can be skipped by trading prototypes to minimize research cost.
    6. Determine social engineering settings and energy allocations to maxmize research rate.

The discussion should happen here and the final desicion should be posted in the command and control thread by whoever is responsible for this department.
    Last edited by Snowflake; April 2, 2004, 15:53.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Somebody needs to work on how to speed up our tech rate. It is slipping. We needed 3 turns to eco eng last turn and we still need 3 turns this turn. The scientists may need some nervestapling or something else that could boost their creativity (like more ec allocation perhaps?) Maybe we need to raise the pay for scientists for it looks like people prefer the doctor carrer than the scientise carreer.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We really need somebody who could lead this department. We are getting eco eng in 3 turns. We need to know what techs will we do next and make sure it is available. For example, do we want to do enviormental economics? Is it available if we don't trade eco eng with uni? Is it available if we DO trade eco eng with uni? The Minute Mirage/Kody tech availability tool set must be utilized. I would do it myself if nobody else can do it but my time is really limited so I really hope that somebody else could take up this before I get around to do it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Couldn´t we use the turn simulator to check this?
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Yes that's a great idea! Can we simulate both situations?

The only problem with that might be that the simulator is not uptodate. But maybe it'll still be ok to use just to check the tech availability. Also Dacole has been working day and night to get that simulator uptodate. (The people appreciate this dacole!) So we can expect it any day now.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

heh not sure when the simulator will be updated was actually hopeing that was going to be forgotten since well I can't see myself keeping it updated..if the people feel it is nessecary I can attempt to get it updated not sure when that would happen though. Going to make a post about governmental structure with open positions ect. Your right we need to get them filled as soon as possible!
            A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Actually keeping the simulator up to date itself is already a very labor and intelligence intensive full time job. Hopefully somebody will be able to do it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

could someone please link to the latest simulator update available? Mine is from 2135...
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

I think dacole may have a more updated simulator.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

If we get eco eng from CC and finish env eco in 2151. What is the next tech we want to research? Bio-engineering to get clean reactor and The Longevity Vaccine SP?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I have ever said we need clean reactors, at least to get the clean formers! LV is a nice bonus to have...

Comment

Actually we won't be able to get Neural Grafting yet since even if CC agrees to reseach it for us it will take them ages to get it.

So we still need to think about what we are going to do after we finish env eco. Should we go ahead and do neural grafting ourselves? If we do things correctly with pop booming and stuff we should be able to bump up our research rate quite nicely, even with the gain of 2 techs we should still be able to get neural grafting earlier than if CC is going to do it. Alternatively, we could give SHB to Drones and after they finish SFF they'll reseach NG and then MMI. What should we do in the same time?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The university seems to be pop booming now so they will probably be going to mmi quickly we must get that first! As such we need to stay on that beeline so I would suggest working on neural grafting.
                          A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

We need to look at our research rate versas Drones. The Drones will complete SFF in turn 2152, about the same time our deal get through. One idea is we start neural grafting when Drones research Air Power. When one finishes the other immediately switch to the other one and then in turn when this finishes the other player switches to MMI, this could result in getting MMI 5-10 years earlier than scheduled. The university will not know what struck them!
                            Last edited by Snowflake; December 9, 2003, 19:04.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

From my estimates we should have been finishing enviromental economics in 2152....

Another issue with tech rate is if we decide to get adaptive economics and try and build another SP. Our tech rate won't increase as much in the sprint for MMI.

Comment

Working...
                              X