This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Military Committee (CMC)

This thread is created for discussions regarding warfare and homeland defense. People need to familiarize themselves with the following issues: (This is an initial list and should be amended and updated by everybody who has additional thoughts.)

1. Our long term war strategy. Who are our friends, who are our enemies.
    2. The preparation of our military force. Including unit design, production and upgrading, prototype trading from other factions, and reseach needs to better our military technology.
    3. Production and manipulation of our probe teams as well as allocation of our defense probe teams. Determine which faction to infiltrate, and/or other covert operation. Keep track of our probe foils and rover probe teams.
    4. Recreation of other faction's map from info obtained through infiltration. See here for an example of maps that was created by Marshal Rokossovky.
    5. Homeland defense against other factions as well as mindworms and alike.

The discussion should happen here and the final desicion should be posted in the command and control thread by whoever is responsible for the CMC.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

I am a strong follower of "rover defense" i.e. have best-1-2 rovers in each base to attack approaching units. Also artillery combines very well with this

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Deputy Chairman, we need more specific constructive suggestions than this from you. I'm actually hoping that some people would spend a couple hours to come up with suggestions like what prototype units we should try to trade with CC and which scout should be sent to destroy the spore laucher and things like that.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We're going to bribe an Angel's unit I belive to get 2-armour. And the scout next to the spore launcher has just killed it.

We need some weapon techs before we can talk prototypes

-JAm
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Deputy chairman, the purpose of trading prototypes is exactly so that we could avoid having to research the tech (and increase our research cost).

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Then we simply need 4-weapons and 3-armour as SOON AS BLOODY POSSIBLE!!!!

-Jam

Comment

Problem is damn transports. Land raising was mentioned before.
              Promoter of Public Morale
              Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Well, the enemy are coming to us at the moment...

-Jam

Comment

It´s like the Angels were delivering free prototypes to us, and we don´t even have to leave the house
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

/me loves Roze's thoughtfullness *

-Jam

Comment

Ok people, please, let's get to work! (Yeay!)

Anybody has any suggestion about what prototype we are after, what prototype could be in the market, what could be obtained free from Drones, what could be bribed from Roze, and what could be traded with CC?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Alright since no one else will answer I will take over the CMC.

For the time being I think everyone will agree that we need defensive units more so than offensive ones, since we do not have any current invasion plans, and well we have been drawn into a war with the Angels. They have proven to be a threat since they have a transport parked off of our coast. Our defenses frankly are abysmal. We need ?-3-? defense units, we can obtain 3-armor from the Drones, and start building these in our costal bases at first, and then in all the other ones.

Frankly as the Chairman of the Central Military Committee, as well as the Central Continuing Committee, I have no current offensive plans, and well the defense of the Hive remains more paramount than anyone else, therefore let us defend ourselves by constructing better garrison units.
                        You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Are we still planning to capture roze's 2-2-1 unit? Do we need prototype from CC? (maybe sea related?)

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Talked to Kody about capturing the 2-2-1 unit. He said the cost might be quite high. Could be in 100 - 200 ec range.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

In that case we may want to simply go with destroying it via force. We do not possess the tech the angels do, but we can more than outmatch the 1 unit they have sent in number.
                              You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Working...
                              X