No announcement yet.

Hive-Drone unification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I sent a PM to hive, but Hive: a) chose to ingnore me and send Geo a response, and b) didn`t mention a thing about itisyoda status.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

How about sending an informal message to PEACE, asking what they would think of it if two factions didn't announce they have unified?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maniac, why do you care so much?
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

We announced, which caused quite a bit of upset amongst the Hive. It is only fair that they reciprocate.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That is true.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

But its also near the end of the game....aka the part people will probably remember more than the beginning of the game.
              Let's not spoil it and make it sour with such negative messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar whatever it is Tassadar said about being banned
                tee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                  I'm asking Markos directly so I can have my postcount restored.
                  Why'd they remove your PC?
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                    Maniac, why do you care so much?
                    Partly because you oppose me checking this thing out. And also even though we directly asked the Hive about it, they still haven't responded. This makes me suspicious of course.

Anyway, consider the following (rather hypothetical ) scenario:
                    CyCon and PUT unify MY 2155, but we don't tell anyone and we make sure no one can discover (by for example not joining each other's forum, and a PUT member posting the turn).
                    As a consequence the Hive does not break its pact with the Consciousness MY 2155. The Hive thinks CyCon is still more or less friendly towards them and will not intervene when they attack PUT. Hive tells CyCon their plans for PUT, and CyCon claims to have no problem with it: "Good riddance with those evil PUTers!"
                    Due Consciousness (=CPU) pact infiltration information we see the Hive perform a military build-up. PUT (=CPU) reacts of course, and the Hive-Drone "surprise attack" has less success. The Hive-Drones wonder why.
                    I think the Hiveans would be rather pissed off if they found out later PUT and CyCon already had not just a pact but a true unification for quite a few years, that any message sent to CyCon automatically was known to PUT, and that the CyCon were intentionally misleading them in diplomacy.

Really, personally I think it's absolute basic game info to know at least who are the factions and your fellow players in the game, whether you're fighting against one or two factions ; basic info that should be known to everyone no matter what, not subject to diplomatical games or attempts to misguide your opponents.

But its also near the end of the game....aka the part people will probably remember more than the beginning of the game.
                    Let's not spoil it and make it sour with such negative messages.
                    How are we posting negative messages? We only ask the simple question who are the players in this game. It are the Hive and Drones who don't want to answer on a matter as simple as whether they're one or two factions. Their attitude is more likely to spoil things I'd say.

Comment

CyCon and PUT unify MY 2155, but we don't tell anyone and we make sure no one can discover (by for example not joining each other's forum, and a PUT member posting the turn).
                      As a consequence the Hive does not break its pact with the Consciousness MY 2155. The Hive thinks CyCon is still more or less friendly towards them and will not intervene when they attack PUT. Hive tells CyCon their plans for PUT, and CyCon claims to have no problem with it: "Good riddance with those evil PUTers!"
                      Due Consciousness (=CPU) pact infiltration information we see the Hive perform a military build-up. PUT (=CPU) reacts of course, and the Hive-Drone "surprise attack" has less success. The Hive-Drones wonder why.
                      I think the Hiveans would be rather pissed off if they found out later PUT and CyCon already had not just a pact but a true unification for quite a few years, that any message sent to CyCon automatically was known to PUT,
                      Yes. And?
                      If CyCon stopped doing something just because it would make people angry....

and that the CyCon were intentionally misleading them in diplomacy.
                      And CyCon has never been as such before?

Really, personally I think it's absolute basic game info to know at least who are the factions and your fellow players in the game, whether you're fighting against one or two factions ;
                      By that logic it really is absolute basic info to know who you are indeed speaking with.
                      Case in point? Tricking the drones into thinking your PEACE

How are we posting negative messages?
                      The question is whether the Hive & Drone members have the respect for their fellow players to announce they have unified.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                        Really, personally I think it's absolute basic game info to know at least who are the factions and your fellow players in the game, whether you're fighting against one or two factions ; basic info that should be known to everyone no matter what, not subject to diplomatical games or attempts to misguide your opponents.
                        But unless you're pacted with a faction, you don't know who they're allied with. If you are pacted, there's a case for knowing, but what's the difference between unification and a strong pact, where you share diplomatic messages and the like anyway?
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hey, Obstructor. I'm not sure why this impacts your discussions with the Hive. Could you explain? It might help me answer better. I can say, however, that I'm an ambassador, but don't have a vote in Hive decision making or anything.
                          Got response from ytsisyoda. Seems that he is an ambassador after all, even as he is not telling everything.

Comment

Case in point? Tricking the drones into thinking your PEACE

They made that mistake of their own accord, despite the communications being signed from CyCon.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This was not a mistake, but deliberate ploy by Buster.

Comment

How are we posting negative messages?
                                The question is whether the Hive & Drone members have the respect for their fellow players to announce they have unified.
                                That's being posted in the privateness of this forum. Besides, I don't really mean it anyway. The Hive has in the past used all kinds of moral bull**** arguments, so why couldn't I do the same then too in reply?

Comment

Working...
                                X