No announcement yet.

Planetary Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted the Drones a few hours ago. Buster replied already. They're going to vote for themselves. This means Kody is either lying to us in the VoyForum, or isn't aware of the drones' position.
    Together with the recent info that Kody is anti-CyCon and pro-Drone and doesn't intend to permapact with us but with the Drones instead, the only thing I can conclude is that I haven't got a clue what the actual Hive-Drone relationship is...
    Also, if the Drones will vote for themselves, they could get the governorship if they had our votes. Odd then that they didn't ask for them. Should they somehow have the votes of PEACE in the pocket?
    Last edited by Maniac; December 27, 2003, 21:43.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hmm....I'm not trying to hint at anything. At all.

In other news, perhaps the reason the Hive forum is deserted is because everyone is talking on MSN.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

The Hive seems to think that PEACE is voting for them.

Maniac: That is privy information. HongHu told us in confidence that. I have yet to speak to Kody or the others about it. I have an idea. We lead all in the arms tech race. Why not use techsteal and get some more bases. If The Hive are going to do us over, let's take them out. Take out PEACE. Then talk to Archaic and see if they hate the Hive as much as the Hive hates them. If so, try and take out the Hive. If we do that, we don't want them to be Governors.

However the Drones could be lying in order for the Hive to get more votes. If the Hive wins and they cross us, they will win overall. If they don't win and cross us, we have a chance with a PUT alliance.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

The Drones supporting themselves is what I would do if I were them.

I want us to play Hive/Drones/Uni against each other. And at this point I think we want Drones to take the Govenorship rather then the Hive.

To help that happen we should make our Declaration of war BEFORE we post the turn. This will assure that PEACE knows we are attacking them. When they see us voting for Hive and Pacting with them they will likly vote Drones, which will give the Drones the Govenorship. Drone Tecnology is not much of a threat as they are Dirt Clods compared to us. We could also abstain but this is much riskier, it could actualy incresse the Hives chances of Being elected and it is in direct volation of their requests. Kodys assertion that we vote Hive may have been a fatal mistake on his part.

We might want to inform the University of the Hives plans to Probe Rape them when we send this Treaty offer. Also we should PACT the drones asap. Sugjest we send them an offer pre-accpeted this turn.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Whatever you do, I can assure you:

If Cycon does not vote for the glorious Cybobanana, CyCon will be destroyed.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hmmm, Kody called the council while there hasn't been any agreement with us concerning votes. This reminds me of PEACE forcing a deal on us the last minute...
              Though I of course appreciate the three years of infiltrator information they have given us, and though I am certainly willing to return the favour in some form, we have clearly told them a while back that we were no longer willing to vote for them in the Planetary Council in return for PEACE infiltration for only the couple of years we didn't have infiltration ourselves. Thus hopefully we can reach some other deal in time, but if not, I'd vote "Abstain". That option isn't included in the poll unfortunately.
              Either way it didn't matter too much.

I contacted the Drones a few hours ago. Buster replied already. They're going to vote for themselves. This means Kody is either lying to us in the VoyForum, or isn't aware of the drones' position.
              Together with the recent info that Kody is anti-CyCon and pro-Drone and doesn't intend to permapact with us but with the Drones instead, the only thing I can conclude is that I haven't got a clue what the actual Hive-Drone relationship is...
              Also, if the Drones will vote for themselves, they could get the governorship if they had our votes. Odd then that they didn't ask for them. Should they somehow have the votes of PEACE in the pocket?
              I wasn't anti-cycon, I was anti-backstab.

Drones said they might vote for themselves. I had the official stance that Hive wanted to win the election. However, I personally wanted the Drones to win. Drones would actually make use of the infiltration information whereas the Hive was pretty inactive and wouldn't make any use of it.

The drone permi-pact was already sealed a long time ago. It was sealed before we met the Cycon.

Kodys assertion that we vote Hive may have been a fatal mistake on his part.
              Actually I was diplomatically required to do so. Otherwise my faction would lynch me.

Comment

Working...
              X