This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Function's Office - Turnplay Discussion

I'd like to suggest we use a seperate thread to make comments about the recently played turn, instead of constantly polluting the official report thread with messages which need to be deleted after a while. This thread could also be used to make small tips to our Prime Function which don't deserve a seperate thread.

As for MY 2115:
    • Drogue, you shouldn't move the garrison out of a base which has 20000 or more citizens. As a consequence we will have drone riots in Pi Square next turn.
    • Personally I'd vote to switch the production in Pi Square to a colony pod, to build a new base in the north. What is everybody else's opinion on that?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

First thing, great idea for the thread. I should have done this earlier.

On the first point: Sorry about that, I somehow thought that it was 3 that gives drone riots The scout will arrive next turn though, so we will have 1 turn of riots. I am sorry about that.

On the second point: I disagree, I think another former would make growth and production so much quicker, that it would be worth it, changing to a CP straight after. The former will be quicker with the extra person, so we get a former and CP quicker than if we did it the other way round. I will post a poll.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Thread has been topped. This thread is primarily for discussing Turn Reports or for bring something to the attention of the Prime Function. As such, the name has been altered. If you want somethign to be done in our faction, post it here
      Smile

Comment

I have bad news. One of my brothers, who no longer live at home, visited us today. He brought along his laptop and showed me a few things in SMAC, using my SMAX disk to start the game. When he left however, he forgot to remove the disk out of his CD ROM reader. I just discovered this, of course two hours after he left. So now I have no SMAX CD; I'll have to wait until he visits again before I get it again. I've phoned him of course, but in the meanwhile I'm without CD so I will not be able to access the save file, or play the turn when Drogue is unavailable.

(So I'd love to see screenshots of the base screens to know what's going on and help our faction. )

Comment

Ouch.

You could always download one of the no-CD cracks to use whilst you await your brother's return.
          Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
          Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
          The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Maniac: I will make sure I post screenshots every turn now then, and as I am on holiday, there is no time I can see in the next few weeks when I will be unable to play. However if something comes up at the last minute, would anyone be prepared to be the backup? Corellion perhaps? Chaunk? TKG or Bookwyrm?
            Smile

Comment

Maniac:

You can d/l the no-cd crack from Rynn's Gallery - I have it running on both my desktop and my laptop, with nary a problem

G.

Comment

I'd be willing to play the backup if necessary.
                Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

If using that crack, can I just make a backup of the original terranx, copy the crack over it, and when I have my CD back, just recopy the original over the crack without having to reinstall my entire game? If I would have to reinstall, it's not worth the trouble of having to search and backup my modifications IMHO and I'd rather just wait, as besides for the ACDG I no longer play SMAC actually.

Comment

M:

Yes - the crack is just a revised terranx.exe file

Just copy the original to somewhere before you overwrite it, then as you say, you can at any time replace it with the original terranx.exe file (though why anyone would want to I don't know)

G.

Comment

(though why anyone would want to I don't know)
                      *shrugs* I thought I once read somewhere that with the crack the game crashed sometimes.

Comment

Maniac: If you don't want to have to reinstall, you could just copy the crack to a different place, and install it there (maybe a different partition if you have it) so it doesn't overwrite your version. That means when you get the CD back, you just delete the crack and use the old version.
                        Smile

Comment

Although you can post orders here, and I will read them, I thought it would be better to start a thread specifically for orders. This thread is for any discussion or anything else that needs the Prime Functions attention, the orders thread is purely for elected officials to post orders for turnplay.
                          Smile

Comment

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003, 12:29.

Comment

The crack works ok. Thanks Googlie.

Comment

Working...
                              X