Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2117 Discussion

2116 Results

Pictures are a thousand words, and these pretty much sum up everything that happened.

Now.....what to do for 2117?
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

One thing you omitted to mention - in your 2116 turn your foil popped an Ogre Mk I (see the two general screen pics) - or was that the "1000 words saved"?

G.

Comment

Well, there is a Mk 1 in the first piccy. But I missed it till you pointed it out.

Anyway, the Orge's are immune to probes, are they not? We should get it to a coastel town. Great defense and probe immunity.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
        Anyway, the Orge's are immune to probes, are they not? We should get it to a coastel town. Great defense and probe immunity.
        Hmmm - I had not heard (or read) that - I'll scenario test it and report back

G.

reporting back as promised

Ogres are not immune to probe actions. They do not offer any defense against probes, and they can be subverted (albeit expensively - around 500 ec's for a Mk I)

They do however offer double police powers, so would be useful in quelling drone problems to a limited extent in a base.

G.
        Last edited by Googlie; June 27, 2003, 22:00.

Comment

Well, that won't matter much to us - we're running FM, so we can't use Police...

Comment

2117 turn recieved. Playing now...

Comment

2117 complete.

I think we need to decide for next turn if we want to risk popping the pod with our Ogre or not. I'd rather have it intact for when we put it to proper use as a garrison.

Anyway....as you can see, Mir Lab will complete its CP next turn. Don't worry about the Drone, it's the same situation as above with the Rec. Commons. I'm going to need a decision on what we'll build in that base after this CP though. Another CP perhaps, or a Rec Commons of its own?

Also, once the Former down south completes that Forest I've got it building on the Nut Tile for the new base, I'd like to have it, and Mir Lab's former create a mine on both of our min tiles.

Comment

Since the pod isn't on fungus it shouldn't be risky, should it? It could end up on another cotinent, of course, if it's a dimensional gateway. But then it could be a dimensional rift and we get TWO Ogres...

I'd say another CP for Mir Lab. We need to get the expansion going. But that would entail some pod positioning debate here.

Your former ideas seem good to me. Although we need roads too.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                  It could end up on another continent, of course, if it's a dimensional gateway.
                  No - the event is teleports unit elsewhere in same continent/sea

(And often, if in its new location you pop another pod, it returns to its original position - maybe twice every ten times that happens... )

The worst things that can happen is that you'll get a mindworm (6 times more likely than any other result) - and after turn {n=(75/diff)} - in this case 2116 - (as DIFF = 5 for transcend) (so can now happen) - it has a further 1 in 6 chance of being a multiple mindworm event. This would sap the Ogre's strength in defeating it (them). Then there's always the risk of an earthquake (with possible loss of the foil)

These, though, are the only 2 negative events that can happen

G.
                  Last edited by Googlie; June 28, 2003, 23:45.

Comment

Working...
                  X