Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to do any RP, or will this faction be focused more on game playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we going to do any RP, or will this faction be focused more on game playing?

[Topic Title]

/me listens to crickets chirp.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003, 15:11.

Comment

I'd say we play along with minimal RP for now. Let's face facts - as long as you and GT are busy with end of term work, all we can do is crunch out turns anyway.

On that note, I'd move for no discussion of turns here at all, currently. The badwill we're incuring in the main forum for posting is so bad it seems to be that it would be better if whoever of you and GT gets here first simply play the turn without further ado and post it. There aren't that many important decisions right now anyway... Although pod destinations are coming up. The southern one is already decided, though.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Speaking of which, for the North one, I was planning 2N 1E of our current Northmost base, giving the new base Rolling/Rainy tiles and access to the Boreholes.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Itching to start on the grid, are you?
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Well, it seems some other factions aren't RPing properly afterall. I've been informed that they've been talking strategy, etc via email and PM, which is usually frowned on in PBEM games. There also seemed to be the implication that these factions may have been trading maps and/or tech.

Comment

Oh, wonderful.

What will happen should that be the case? Do we just keep playing? Or do we get to beat up the people who cheated?
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I'd like to see a Googlie response on this. If this is true, then most of this game goes out the window.

Still, I can see them trade snapshots of maps over PM, but they shouldn't be able to trade techs w/out Googlie catching it - should they?

I thought G. was keeping track of what everyone has and how they got it.

Comment

There has been no instance of tech trading in the game without contact first being made in-game

I obviously can't monitor any maps etc that may be copied to paint and sent via PM or e-mail, but there is nothing in the forums to suggest that this has been done (ie no discussions, tactics, etc etc)

There is some "buzz" in some general forums threads suggesting alliances, etc, but they are flights of imagination and have no basis in the game reality - prolly planted as intentional misinformation, or else just trying to "get someone's goat"

G.

Comment

Working...
                  X