• Show
Clear All

• 2110 Discussion [Warning - Will Include Large Images Later]

Suggestions:

Future Base Sites:
    SW of the South Borehole.
    1W of the North Western Borehole.
    3W of the North Western Borehole.
    SE of the Southern Nut. Bonus, on the tile our scout is currently on.

Former Orders:
    Mir Lab: Continue building Forest.
    Zoloto Gold: Continue leveling the Rocky/Nut. Bonus.
    Uni Base: Move South to build Sensor on South Base site.

Scouts:
    NW: Begin moving back down to garrison Uni. Base. Should arrive 1 turn before pop growth, providing police to allow it to work the Rocky/Min/Road square to speed completion of Rec. Commons.
    NE: Continue moving E for exploration.
    E: Move South to pop remaining Pod Next Turn.
    S: Attempt to move south through fungus for 3rd time.

Foil:
    Move SE around peninsulla, towards open sea.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

(From 2109)

Originally posted by moomin

Won't do us much good in the short term, and by the time we can use it we'd be able to put these holes down ourselves anyway. It's one of my least favourite landmarks, in fact. I wish we had gotten the Nexus instead, to mitigate our Planet load.

We might be able to build them ourselves by the time we can really use them, but it'll save us quite a lot of turns building them, and give us enough of a mineral boost that we should be able to snatch several extra projects. Remember, even if we don't put a worker on them, we can put a crawler on them. Even before restrictions go, that's still 2 Mins, and that's the same as any tile without a Mineral Bonus. Saves us time placing a Forest.

Comment

And it might be worthwhile moving Ecol Eng up the beeline to get at those 6 mins per borehole per turn

Comment

Of course, if we change beelines, we have the fact that we wouldn't be making research as quick as we would under FM/Wealth to consider.

Comment

2110 Turn Report

- The E scout moved south and popped a monolith from the pod.
          - The S scout finally managed to get into the fungus.

Screenshots:

Comment

I'll lay odds that to the South is the Ruins. And apparently someone close. We need to get a pod down there.

Comment

The Ruins? It'd be nice to plant a city there for sure. With our luck, it'll be the damn Angels hanging out there.

Is it too early to begin planning for how to deploy crawlers? Given that the drones have been building wonders (we have to assume the got a mineral bonus) for some turn now I'm getting a bit uneasy about letting things slide for too long.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

That depends, really. At our current rate of research, it'll be quite a while, but once we get FM and some more bases up and running, it should go much faster.

Comment

"Damn Angels"? What's so bad with them? With us likely to go Demo in the long term, that'd help us a lot if we could Pact with them for commerce.

And I have to wonder exactly what the hell the Drones are thinking there. Unless they popped a pod that set up mines on their Rocky/Min tile, it's really a waste to start a project so early......unless they just don't have anything else they can really build with their current tech perhaps.

Comment

I think moomin is probbly worried about the combination of the Angels' Probe bonus and our Probe penalty; and regarding a Pact, I have this to say: never, EVER, Pact with the Angels unless:

a) You don't care if your entire tech database is stolen;

b) You have enough Probe Teams in every base in your faction to adequately defend them all, or;

c) You already have the HSA.

In my experience, the Angels will invariably exploit a Pact to let them move their probres through your territory with impunity and loot every one of your techs they can get their hands on.

Comment

That's my experience with the Angels too. When playing Uni, I invariably end up in a fight with them unless separated by water. The Angel AI loves going for tech and probe rating difference - and that means us.

As for the drones, they have nothing to build but pods and wonders from start. We have to assume they got some exeptional luck with mines on mineral bonuses to go for wonders already.

Another question: I see we already have in-game com to several factions... shouldn't we start wheeling and dealing?
                      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Those are the other human factions, and we start with contact with them by default. IIRC, we agreed that we wouldn't actually make use of this until we properly met.

Comment

Well, as long as everybody sticks to that deal, I guess I'm happy. We're quicker starters than anybody else, after all.

Comment

One of my roles is to ensure that 'everyone sticks to that deal'

"No contact until in-game meeting" was one of the supplemetary rules voted on before the game began - I am able (I play every turn for a complete round every turn posted) to see if that is adhered to.

G.

Comment

Working...
                            X