New Member Application Approvals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Application Approvals

Obviously we're going to have to start screening the new people wanting to join, starting with....*Checks the main topic*..."Eli"......so....how should we go about this? Majority vote, just a simply yes/no from the Dean, what?
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Majority vote, I should think.

Comment

Whatever system we choose, let's do it speedily. If a majority vote is required, let's post a poll. If that'll take too long, we should consider letting the Dean authorize new members himself. Whatever the system, it should allow new members to join with a fair amount of speed -- or will deter all the new blood who might provide us with fresh ideas and interest.
      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Hmmm... to be more specific, I think we should basically just let new members in by default, if, over a day or two after they asked to be admitted, there was no real opposition to their being let in.

Comment

For now, I'm approved the two people waiting, who've been there for a couple of days, but obviously we'll need to have some sort of proper system for anyone after them. 2 day period for people to voice objections like GT suggested?

Comment

Sounds okay.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Perhaps we should set up a thread where everyone introduces themselves - who they are, what their SMAX experience is, what they want to do and accomplish in the game and so forth. Some of us are well known from ACDG1, but there are a lot of new faces as well.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

*nod* Two-day waiting period makes sense, and I like moomin's idea.
                Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

to moomin's idea, as well.

Comment

I agree with both things (2-day period for approval and a thread for the newcomers to tell us about their background).
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I agree, but as long as it's not retroactive. I'm too lazy to write about myself.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Well, it would seem that Crisler wants to join too, but he doesn't seem to have the civgroup icon by his name

Comment

Any concerns about new potential member angryclown, or should I approve him already?

Comment

I dunno... he sports an Aussie flag, so probe his veracity - ask him things only an Ozzy would know; like what ANZAC means or if Memorial Day is a national holiiday in Oz.

Honestly, I can't see why not. Although it's a pity he doesn't seem to SMAX installed.
                            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Has he said anything about himself?

Comment

Working...
                              X