X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceasefire!

Just posting this here as well...

What should we now bring to the table?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

We need to know what we can and can't live without.

Ex: which bases we're willing to let them keep (for now!) and which we demand back. Calico for certain, so we can rebuild on Yardarm. Maybe Atlantis too, to mark the new southern border. That's my personal minimum, along with them agreeing to leave us alone on Yardarm.

A notice that due to being kicked out of our home territory, we claim the Sargasso and it's isles, also.

Since our economy is shot, not like we have much to offer there, but we can point out that as soon as we get even a partial recovery, we can research things the other factions don't want to bother with, but will need eventually.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Sounds good thus far, opinions?

Opinion on my being the diplomatic envoy?

Comment

Heh, I should've added that too - yes, go for it!
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Get everything we can...or nothing at all if we can't. What do we do about it otherwise? I would very much like a supply line of at least one or two bases to the Hive.
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Sounds good.

I'll make my reports in this thread and mention in the Council thread that reported the ceasefire that I am the PEACE rep.

Comment

Just got this from HongHu on Jamski:

He was trying to confuse the enemy.

Comment

This from Maniac:

Hi FlameFlash,

I see you have been appointed by PEACE as their representative. Therefore I'll send you a copy of the treaty proposal I've sent to the Hive yesterday. Sorry I didn't sent it earlier. I wanted to send it 12 hours ago, but I always got a 504 error when trying to access Apolyton.

1> We have the ability to eliminate PEACE. But we are willing to allow PEACE to survive, as long as they aren't in our immediate vicinity. Our security concept can't allow a hostile faction remaining in our immediate vicinity. I guess the Hive destroying all Angel defences in Conshelf 57 and the remaining PEACE ship taking that base is the best possibility.

2> Crossbone Way comes under CPU control or is deconstructed voluntarily by PEACE.
                Just like you can't tolerate a CPU base on that island near the Hive mainland, we can't tolerate a PEACE base in the middle of our sphere of influence.

3> CPU, Hive and PEACE should agree to the sphere of influence I proposed in the Council thread:
                (32.46), (34.40), (36.38), (42.38), (43.37) and the two islands between those coordinates become a demilitarized zone.
                Everything northwest of that is Hive/PEACE territory, and everything southeast of that is CPU territory.
                Any unit of any faction which trespasses the DMZ or enters the territory of the other faction, is considered in violation of the treaty and may be destroyed.
                4> We will retreat that colony pod from the DMZ island mentioned above as soon as possible, and not found a base there.

5> Hive and PEACE should withdraw their units as soon as possible from our sphere of influence as described under point 3.

6> No new CPU/Hive/PEACE bases can be founded within 16 squares of an existing CPU/Hive/PEACE base. Nor can any Angel base be captured by CPU, Hive or PEACE (besides one base to let PEACE survive). This is to keep a buffer faction between us.

7> The Hive should show signs to be more willing again to cooperate with CPU, meaning for example a re-signing of our pact (the best way to ensure no one has hostile intentions towards each other) or a trade of technologies. That way we have a reason not to give in to the requests of the Angels to declare war on you.

8> If PEACE survives, the main advantage you get is a free vote in the Planetary Council. We would like assurances you won't abuse that. Therefore we propose a CPU veto right on all Council motions except all the official in-game ones. This is to prevent you can propose any motion in the out-of-game Council you want, and CPU being outvoted 3 to 2 every time. I would propose a similar veto right for the Hive and Drones to make things equal.

Btw, I see Makahlua has unfortunately already posted the PEACE turn. Can I ask, have you moved your PEACE ship out of our sphere of influence and towards the Angel base as we proposed?

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3,
                Representative of CPU

Comment

Here's my response:

It is quite all right (as far as not getting the message out to me until yesterday) though be advised the Sundays I'm usually the quietest due to preparations for the rest of the week.

While I'm not sure in regards to the sphere of influence issue yet (a graphical representation would help us much more than coordinates if that is possible).

On 1: That does seem to be the best plan, and arrangements are being made to see that to fruition. We do hope that the recently... purchased colony pod will be moved back to your home territory with that being the case.

On 2: This will take more time, we shall continue currently to act in a non-hostile way and begin using Crossbone way as a second prep-point for Angel-territory colonization however I will need time to discuss if disbandment or simply allowing CPU to take the base would be the best.

On 3: A map would really be helpful here, please be advised it may be difficulty during the transition period between old and new PEACE to keep it fully demilitarized however.

On 4: Our thanks, though I take it that island's ownership is currently in question then? It was PEACE's hope to have a base there for obvious reasons (Hive umbrella).

On 5: Agreed, simply refer to what I wrote on re: 3.

On 6: This may prove to be difficult unless full map disclosers all around is enacted. As PEACE attempts to revitalize itself it would be rather difficult and unorthodox to gain authorization on every coordinate we may wish to establish a base. Likewise, the Angels may prove overly hostile and require being extinguished if PEACE is to retain Conshelf 57.

On 7: That will unfortunately need to be discussed with the Hive as we have very little pull, though with CPU's willingness for peace now they should be more willing.

On 8: I would simply advice CPU to propose a council resolution in which such a mandate be created.

I have already brought all of the provisions to my faction, and my apologies on being noncommittal, we will discuss it with due haste.

Comment

FF - He's referring to the two isles between our old base ara and the HIve, the one we were going to put a base on and the one to the NE of it. I wonder if Bones Isle on the south side of the Sargasso is also going to be considered "in their sphere of influence"

I'll work up somewhat of a map showing that and I'd like to know where -their- side of the DMZ is? I'll also include what area up there we'd like to keep.

Comment

Here's the map FF:

Red stars are the coords manianc listed, blue star is another coord I'd like to add to our side of the DMZ, blue mutlipoint stars are base sites I'd like to setup at in Sargasso, those being the southernmost we'd want, which if CyCon keeps to their 16 square edict would require them to disband Calico when we disband X-Bone Way. I'm rather keen on us working the Fossil Field Ridge, which we as the Pirates could make finer use of, IMHO. I'm also thinking to make Yardarm offlimits to all too - Maybe an effort could be undertaken later to keep it and the DMZ isles as Chironian Preserves?

Don't forget to ask if our BootyBoat could come pick up the remaining 2 crawlers, and if we can move our other 3 units @ X-Bone Way off to that nearest designated base site when we unbuild X-bone with a CP (that's really the only way I'd like to disband it). That's 3 boatloads; the crawlers; rover/former; and rover/CP. And yes to Manianc; we already have that setup with Hive help
                      Last edited by Makahlua; March 8, 2004, 14:08.

Comment

Thanks on the map, Maki, I was kind of hoping they'd make one for us, but glad you have the spare time.

Other cap'ns? What think ye on the disbanding of x-bone and the other things?

I will relay the map now, however.

Comment

Actually, I don't think I'll relay the map yet...

Yardarm... that's the one x-bone is currently on?

Comment

Yeah, It's the one they want us to disband anyway

Comment

If you can hang on, Maki, I'll run another message by you before you have to go... drafting it now, but won't send until I get a second...

Comment

Working...
                              X