Which way do we go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which way do we go?

Ok, Cap'ns. We've come to a crucial point in the game for us - only 3 options here:

a) accept the Hive-Drone offer to become a junior partner

b) accept the Cycon offer of 'assimilation'

c) go down fighting

I refer you to the diplo thread for details of the two offers, but unless someone has a really clever and cunnign plan, I think our backs are pretty much against the wall. I've left the poll open ended, but we need to have this discussion -quickly-!
    Join the Hive-Drone pact as a junior member
    57.14%
    Be assimilated by the Borg
    0.00%
    Go down fighting! (Unless someone comes up with a good plan...)
    28.57%
    Xenobananas in rum! *hic*
    14.29%
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Right....after reading that little 'download' I'm serioulsy leaning toward the Hive...who's with me ?

To which I must add, I'm -not- taking it personally, but it's certainly influencing my decision.... ^_^
    Last edited by Makahlua; January 26, 2004, 08:36.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

I voted to go down fighting.

I replied to the Borg PM telling them I would consider the offer at the time of defeat and no sooner. We might as well make this as difficult as we can for the Borg.

To fight to the last man for our freedom would seem the right choice RP wise as well. Perhaps an alliance with Hive/Drones is acceptable depending on the degree of independence that would be maintained...

IMO a surrender to the CyCon would be unacceptable.

(Btw: I didn't see the last turn as I lost some mail due to computer trouble... Also for the coming weeks I have exams... so expect a lack of posting by me )
      ^^ Gert ^^

Comment

In a co-op victory, three factions can win total. That means that if we join with the Hive/Drone alliance we're likely to be part of the winning team. Likewise the major requirements are probably going to be tech sharing and council votes which are both things we were considering and have done with them in the past which is why I've voted for joining the Hive/Drone team.

While going down fighting is all well and good, I'd rather stay up and fight which is exactly what we'll be able to do if we move to the land for the time being.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

voted to join hive/drones
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Run up the Jolly Roger.

Voted to go down in a blaze of glory.
            If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

I still prefer to fight. Having said that we would need to prepare for building secure colony pod as that is a requirement to become part of the Hive/Drone team: that is we need a secure base to benefit from protection. If we can't build one in time then we nned the hive to leave open a base for us to occupy. In any scenario we will need a transport. Lets hope one of ours survives.

The one thing I vote against is anything to do with joining Cycon.

I will shortly advise Octavian X of our views.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Latest Hive update Please read. what is going on.

Hive Diplomacy Mishap

Octavian X has been slapped with the rod of stupidity for an averse diplomatic decision.
                I must inform you that The Hive has no intention of helping PEACE in its current state; we cannot send you
                Doc:Loy as we will explain later.

However, the current state changes.
                I think it would be in the best interests of both the Hive and the PEACE, if upon the PEACE being conquered,
                your players emigrate to The Hive.
                I assure you, once you are with us, your vengeance will be assured, and it is better that you seek higher
                ground than trying to hold onto your falling empire.

Of course, you may do what you will - trying to hold onto your bases with HEC and SFF, you should ask the
                Drones for those.
                We, The Hive, have no need of any extra tech at the moment.
                We cannot give you Doc:Loy for a simple reason:
                The Hive wants The Ascetic Virtues.
                Note that, if the CyCon have Adaptive Econ, and Doc:Loy, then they stand a VERY good chance of getting the
                tech for themselves.
                Also, our Drones allies will be most upsed if they also get the Citizen's Defence Force on the way because as
                you might expect, we're not looking forward to facing Perimiter Defences on the reconqista.

We can't send Military, because we plan to attack Roze; this also invalidates your option of probing Roze
                because we can do it ourselves when we get there.
                The best - and fastest- way for PEACE to win this war will be to lose it - destroy yourselves from the game
                and emigrate to The Hive.

We repeat: We cannot give you Doc:Loy lest it fall into CyCon hands.

Comment

argghhhh!

So-disregard this last message-right?

What is official hive position?
                  Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I PMed Voltaire about the situation but not the full text. Just that Octavian's Message and Enigma's were contradictory.

This back from Voltaire:

King

RE: Who speaks for the Hive re Peace Hive matters

Thank you for informing me of this, Enigma has no authority to speak on behalf
                    of the Hive, I will deal with him. The official stance is the one sent by Octavian.

-Chairman Voltaire

SO lets not rush though things are bad. Remember we still have to build that escape pod.

Comment

I voted for the Hive option.

Since anything goes in this game, it is not out of the question that this offer is also a hoax (and that Enigma was expelled for sort of warning us), but I am irrepressibly inclined to trust, and so believe that the seemingly official offer is real, as far as it goes.

Nonetheless, joining with the Hive-Drone team doesn't rule out our continuing the fight with the Borg in the meantime, although I fear that it will be one-sided (to our disadvantage) and very brief anyway.

Comment

Enigma was working on the situation as a simple gain loss situation for the Hive. Enigma knew that the PEACE were unnessacry for the Hive's future plans, and hence acted correspondingly. The Hive as a whole doesn't think in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                        X