Contact with the Hive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact with the Hive

I understand we have contact with the Hive although they might not yet know it. I was planning to send a message something like the following

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Honored Hive representative

Greetings from the Peace faction. We were pleased that one of our citizens came in contact with yours such that messages may now be passed between us. We greet you in friendship.

Our faction is one of seabourne merchant traders. IN that vein we would be interested in a treaty and possible tech trades. I will ask our operations cap'n to provide me with a list of techs we might be able to trade and if you could so the same, we might be well on the way to profitable dealings.

All types of deals are considered . . . We are interested in pieces o' eight, tech , commlinks or anything else. So send me a message in a bottle and we we can begin the wheelin' and dealin'

Ambassador Cap'n flubber
    Trade Represenatative o' the council o' Cap'ns

----------------------------------------------------------------

What do you folks think? I am trying to be friendly but non commital. I would really like to trade with them to get some weapons tech and then go clobbering datajack roze.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

I think we should follow the same ol' protocol, trade anything 'cept for our comlinks and maps, and doc flex only if it's a very good deal.
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Yep looks good to me and nice timing too to acquire some of those weapons tech
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Mark123jansen
        I think we should follow the same ol' protocol, trade anything 'cept for our comlinks and maps, and doc flex only if it's a very good deal.

Those points pretty much are standard for me . . . I was one of the loudest voices setting out those limitations. However see my other new thread . . . I believe it is soon time to trade doc flex-- It would be inefficient to allow them to discover it themselves. IMHO its better to benefit both us and our ally through doing a trade now that we can't prevent them going to sea any longer
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Having opened the turn that the Borg posted, I've detected no evidence of contact with the Hive through the beginning of the turn, and received no info from Cap'n H on the subject either.

Is someone keeping the contact a secret?

As for my opinions on trading with them - by all means - see also my response in Cap'n F's Doc:Flex thread.

Comment

I thought I posted this and the mid turn to all the pirates but in fact it was just to Cap'n Flubber. I was also about to post in the 2131 to 2140 thread and then my time ran out. I wondered at lack of response. Yet today I could see Cap'n Flubber acknowledge receipt.

This was what I sent.

Well hello maties

What can I say. So far an excellent turn. Lots to decide, have a look.

First the PMS King Lear has just met the Hive. Hurrah ( we know it , they don't) the PMS King Lear has 1 turn left btw.

Second, PMS Santigo survived IOD attack and is now disciplined and quite strong, 4MP left. (Recommend Henry Morgan
            Medal to Cap'n).What to do, retrace movement to pods or venture into the Fungus ( and eventually to Drones) or head West
            towards the Hive. I suggest retrace, let PMS Revenge meet the Drones.

PB PMS Tiger Shark uncovered more of planet and calculates it will 'meet'/probes Miriam in 1 or 2 turns.

PMS Revenge left PUT territory to explore further NW. Nothing to report.

PMS Farragut is beside pod. I suggest we pop but if a free facility goody which base will benefit. Advice please. Do I have to
            rush the 'Rita Transport to avoid it being built, if you know what I mean.

Also on Pamplona. Temp energy bank is that ok and scout to pop pod?

Also at L'il Accident, might it benefit from goody so need to rush crawler to avoid that.

Anyhow I haven't looked at everything closely, just excited that we've met one more faction at last.
            Oh transport from Triploi has arrived close to Rita, where is that Inf Former to go?
            Views and comments 12 hours from now.

I presume Flubber can now open dialogue with the Hive.

What a contrast to the last turn.

Comment

In light of this I will delay playing and sending on for a few more hours to allow for input, though Cuspidore has posted good ideas in the 2131 to 2140 thread.

Comment

message from the Hive
                ------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Greetings from Peace
                Greetings Ambassador Captain Flubber

It is indeed an honour to greet you. Here are our two starting offers.

Biogenetics, Loyalty and Applied Physics, any two of your choice in exchange for Flexibility.

Drone Comm link in exchange for the CyCon Comm link.

Story of first contact will be forwarded to you shortly so it can be placed in your archives.

Kody

I have not responded yet awaiting responses here-- In a few hours I will probably respond with a message talking about consulting my government

Comment

loyalty and appphysics for flex seems a good deal, but I'm not sure about the comm deal.
                  Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                  -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

I wonder if they would entertain a straight tech swap for Applied Physics first with the promise of Doc: Flex in a few turns.

As can be seen with the discussion with Cuspidore we're not sure if the Hive have got DJ comm link. If yes that accelerates the Doc: Flex discussion, if no it gives us some leeway.

Agree with Mark123 about comm link as especially we might get it ourselves in two/three turns. However I wonder will they sell our comm to the Drones, let them I suppose, it won't cost us money or Cycon comm.

Comment

I'm reasonably convinced that the Hive DOES NOT have the Datatech commlinks, that I was mislead by some limitation on how many techs it was showing on my screen (as to whether or why it would show more on Herc's screen, I'm going to leave that alone for a while). Given that 'fact', I can once again believe in our view of Roze's profile, where it shows no contacts except us, the Borg and the Believers. Once we get the Believers infiltrated, in a few years barring a run-in with an IoD (or if Miriam still has that unity chopper and uses it against us), then we should be able to assure ourselves by looking at Miriam's profile, that only the Borg are in a position to get Doc:Flex independent of us.

We should be able to make separate deals for Doc:Flex with just about everyone in the next few years- if there are enough techs and stuff out there that we want. Already we are talking about it with 3 of the other 4, and we hope to meet the Drones in a few years.

Most likely we can put a (small?) restriction on retrading the Doc:Flex (and building the MCC). In the case of the Hive, we would want to make it longer probably, or tareted against the Drones, so that we would be the ones with the first shot at trading it to them. Hopefully, Cap'n Flubber can make suitable deals without us having to delay the turns more than an outrageous amount (fortunately, our negotiations with theBorg has already started to some extent).

If it seems advisable, I'm willing to trust any of them for future considerations, if there is not enought good stuff to go around.

Comment

If all goes to plan we get Doc:Init in 3 years. If we trade Doc: Flex there is nothing to stop Maniac moving to research Doc:Init, thereby delaying us our return techs, while they complete Doc:Init or get it from us afterwards, for another promised tech.

We need to be aware of that possibility, indeed we might think it worthwhile doing but we would certainly have to insist on restrictions, both on trading the techs and building the MCC.

Comment

Received this from Voltaire by PM. Anyone else get a PM. I sent short reply and advising of Ambassador Flubbers role, which I assume they already know.

From the People's Congress of the Human Hive

The Party and the People of the Human Hive send greetings to our counterparts in PEACE. Earlier your communication was intercepted by our Department of Development, and since then has been transmitted to the official governing bodies of the Human Hive.

We seek to foster a friendship with our seafaring comrades in PEACE; we desire peaceful and prosperous coexistence with your faction and therefore wish to begin immediate negotiations in regards to territorial rights, technological and scientific exchange, as well as any other treaties our two factions may desire to enter in.

The Chairman of the Central Continuing Committee will preside over negotiations with your faction directly; he may be contacted on the private secure frequency of nerv111@shaw.ca.

Sincerely,
                          the 16th session of the People’s Congress of the Human Hive
                          Last edited by Hercules; September 10, 2003, 08:20.

Comment

Flubber: Are you currently in the midst of negotiations. Please advise.

Comment

Hi Flubber do we know anything of the Hive thread posting error. I have emailed Drogue because I don't wish to inflame the situation.

I thought the Hive wished to trade the Drones comm link for the Cycon so I am bit puzzled as to how they have the link, unless we have agreed a deal ??

Comment

Working...
                              X