Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: What faction do you want to play as? (round two)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: What faction do you want to play as? (round two)

This thread has given us a crude idea of what factions are most popular, so here's round two. Most likely we'll play SMAX, as that has a large majority in another poll. Therefore I took the eight SMAC & SMAX factions with three or more votes in the previous poll. From those eight, I presume the three or four, depending on how many people vote, most scoring will participate in the actual demo game. As this is probably the final poll on human factions, you have only one vote. No more second choices etcetera. Time to make up your mind! : which landing pod will you join?

One vote, seven day time limit.
    Morgan Industries
    4.00%
    Gaia's Stepdaughters
    4.00%
    Nautilus Pirates
    12.00%
    Data Angels
    8.00%
    Human Hive
    28.00%
    University of Planet
    24.00%
    Peacekeeping Forces
    0.00%
    Cybernetic Consciousness
    16.00%
    Xenobanana!: I'll stay on the ship!
    4.00%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Thanks Maniac

I call on all opponents of the evil free marketeers to join the Hive. United in brotherhood, Planet will be ours ! But only if we get enough members to be an influence on things...

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'll either be Gaian's, Hive, or Cybernetic Conciousness, depending on what I decide I want to be, and what others vote for (I think those 3 in one game would be good, but I expect the UoP and Angels to get in).
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Would you join a Green Hive Drogue? I'd join a Planned Gaians. If you don't vote then there might not be any leftie faction to join.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I'll wait a bit too before voting Hive or Consciousness. Though personally I don't think going green with the Hive would be a good idea. Not only do I find it odd RPG-speaking, it also makes no sense gametechnically speaking, as you waste the Hive efficiency immunity bonus (presuming you'd be a police state...).
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I find the planet bonus very useful in the early-mid game for worm fighting and capturing. Of course its almost a shame not to go planned because it works so well, but... its a game where you can afford a bit of RPing and still do well.

-Jam

Comment

I'm going with the Hive.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Looks like the Hive will win anyway. I am not sure, however a Green CCCP style Hive is very tempting. I am leaning towards Hive (it's fun being evil, and I want to have fun here ), but the Conciousness means I can be an AI character again

It's so hard
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

no comment other than joining the thread...
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Well I have voted Data Angels. They are a difficult faction but hey that's women for you. But as already stated happy with Deirdre or Pirates.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

CyCon. can't wait to RP with them

Comment

I agree though that it would be a shame if Data, Cyber and UoP all got through because they have a similar 'researchy automaton type' feel.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

same type shouldn't be much of an option... at least, it wouldn't be much of game, IMHO.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I'll be joining either the UoP, Morganites, or CyCon. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Comment

I voted for Zeta, second choices are Hive and University.

Comment

Working...
                              X