Terraforming Disagreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Disagreements

Since no-one seems to be able to poll this (stop ignoring it TKG ) I thought I'll test the waters.

If a square is in the base radius of two bases, in different regions (such as Xanadu and Cyclops) should it require the consent of both Governors to terraform their, or can one order it? If two, it means both must agree for it to be formed. If two then one can build, the other can then rebuild, if they wish.

You have 2 days.
    Yes, it should require both.
    69.23%
    No, one is enough to approve it.
    15.38%
    Write-in
    15.38%
    TKG is and Evil, Evil, Evil Man, but I don't care :evil:
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

My opinion is that it should require both. Since the square affects both bases equally, both should have the same rights over it. Maybe this should only apply to major projects (such as condensers, boreholes, echelon mirrors, etc) and not forests, farms, solar collectors, but I would think it is not that hard to get both to agree, and I would not want one to order one war, the other to then order it back, and waste precious former time.
    Smile

Comment

Re: Terraforming Disagreements

Originally posted by Drogue
      Since no-one seems to be able to poll this (stop ignoring it TKG ) I thought I'll test the waters.
      i'm not ignoring it. i'm enacting an evil scheme. didn't you see the carefully planned aurillion-akiria border on my latest poll?

EDIT: yes, i think you should need the approval of both governors. so i can see why you want the borehole gone, but i just think that since it's in place now, there's no reason to destroy it.....other than that it's unconstitutional as hell

also drogue, i don't think you have the authority to order its destruction, not yet at least. but anyways, let me ask you: if i decided i wanted to poll that borehole right now (assuming it was never built to begin with), would you allow the poll? After all, Xanadu has every right to that tile that cyclops has, and if you really didn't want the borehole in your territory, they all you have to do is not work it
      Last edited by Method; April 8, 2003, 14:58.

Comment

Write-in: the DIA gives the square to one governor, who can decide over it.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

TKG: If they had the authority to allow it, I have the authority to destroy it, as Governor of Akiria. If you built it now I would still ask for a forest there, and it to be destroyed, since I want something different for Cyclops on that square. Even if I don't work it, it's still there, it's still an eyesore.
          Smile

Comment

TKG: If they had the authority to allow it, I have the authority to destroy it, as Governor of Akiria.
            just wait until you win in court, because until then, i have the authority to veto is, as DIA
            If you built it now I would still ask for a forest there, and it to be destroyed, since I want something different for Cyclops on that square.
            even if it was passed in a poll? even if it was constitutional?
            Even if I don't work it, it's still there, it's still an eyesore
            so? the lack of borehole is an eyesore to me
            what if we put a former with hold orders on top? then you wouldn't have to see it

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
              even if it was passed in a poll? even if it was constitutional?
              What I am saying, is that it should not be polled, unless both Governors agree to poll it. Therefore, I would try to decalre that poll void, since they must be started by the Governor, or at least agreed by.

Originally posted by TKG
              so? the lack of borehole is an eyesore to me
              what if we put a former with hold orders on top? then you wouldn't have to see it
              A former won't quite cover it. Boreholes are awfully big
              Smile

Comment

so you wouldn't agree to the poll then? i don't think that's "serving the faction the best you can"

Comment

I do. I was elected, as was every Akirian Governor, on a no-borehole pledge. Who am I to argue with the people, they have already made their feelings known. They voted for me based upon my publicised opinions, and I would like to think they would still believe that. If not, they can vote me out next election. Besides, who says the people know what's best for them? I think it is serving them better without them than with them.
                  Smile

Comment

I'm with you Drogue. The CCCP shows solidarity with its brethren.

GO GREEN !

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

i think it's serving Xanadu better with the borehole than without it.

Comment

I voted for both to agree. It is an important issue and effects the rights of the citizens living in each base and region effected.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I do. I was elected, as was every Akirian Governor, on a no-borehole pledge.
                          That's not technically true in my case, I just said that I would poll whether or not boreholes should be allowed in Akiria, while heavily hinting that I probably wouldn't build any regardless of how the poll turned out.

In any case, I (a very pro-FM, pro-borehole individual in general) felt that boreholes in Akiria would be inappropriate, and not necessary enough to warrant using them... Akiria, as a result, is in a rather inferior economic and industrial position to every other developed region (except Solaris, perhaps, which I consider still developing)... but it's beautiful, generally peaceful, relatively quiet, and we can actually perform seismic-activity-sensitive experiments there

Then TKG came along

Comment

Write-in: same as Maniac.

And TKG has yet to achieve the third degree of evil, I'm afraid, being but an apprentice ...

*hears large explosions, loud screaming, and lots and lots and lots of drilling* He's working on it, though

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                              And TKG has yet to achieve the third degree of evil, I'm afraid, being but an apprentice ...
                              yes. *i'm not a finn yet. I do however have a monopoly on the WATER industry though. that's pretty damn evil if you ask me

*and i most certainly never plan to become one. and even if i did, simply living in finland does not automatically make you evil. for more on this and other subjects pertaining to evil, ask your local finn, or check out the public library

Comment

Working...
                              X