Next Turnchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Turnchat

ok who all can make it atleast saturday at 22.00 GMT?

and who all can be at one somewhere this week (thursday or wednesday come to mind)
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

I can do Wednesday and Thursday night, I don't have school until ten on Thursday and noon on Friday.

Saturday 2200 GMT is possible as well, and I really hope we could do two chats this week, if the orders we have allow that, since we are seriously bogged down.

/me wanders off to edit in the new research orders *
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; April 7, 2003, 12:11.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If no one is available for chats, I suggest we finish this game asap, and start a new one, on a smaller map.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

do one this week, 20.00 ish perhaps, and on saturday. i can make saturday, but during the week is iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          If no one is available for chats, I suggest we finish this game asap, and start a new one, on a smaller map.
          Good point. The game is currently really bloated, I can only begin to imagine the work the governors have to go through. And we have the game in the bag anyway.

Though, starting a new game might not solve the chat attendance problem. Some just can't make it, since they clinge to this silly religion-like thing called RL.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Though, starting a new game might not solve the chat attendance problem.
            I know. I just use every fictitious reason I can come up with to end this game and start a new one on a smaller scale. With less work, at least more people could be interested in filling a position. At least I would. I can no longer have a position with lots of work in this huge game, as exams are approaching in 50 days.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I agree. End this, and start a smaller one. As for chats, I can probably do Saturday, but Friday this week, and all midweek evenings are out for me, with school. Although Easter Hols nest week, so I'll either be out, or available.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, I got my new connection at home this week, and I'm useing up all my holidays, so I can finally make a chat, at practically any time. Can someone please tell me how, as if I was a complete idiot. That way there's at least a small chance I can get it right.

BTW, we should finish this ASAP, before we start a new one. I propose doing 10-15 turns per chat? And automating all the formers? That'll speed things up.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                  I propose doing 10-15 turns per chat?
                  It'd be a bit taxing on the directors and govs to come up with enough orders for 15 years, particularly tech-wise (we'd get at least 7 techs in 15 years, woe unto the DoSci who has to cram that into a poll) ... also, 7 turns typically takes 4-5 hours in the chatroom, and we don't want to work DBTS or GT to death

And automating all the formers?
                  the things would go bonkers and tear the planet apart, most likely, while succeeding in doing absolutely nothing useful ... well, we could put a bunch of them on auto-remove fungus, provided we didn't care what happened to them.

Comment

I can, as always make it to 2200 GMT, and I'll be able to attend basically any day next week, as it will be school holidays

Comment

Well I hope to be there. My g/f has a few 21sts and I get the feeling that we will get the mocking of our lives if we turn up together. Hence I will be at home Sunday morning. Mine, not hers.

Wait.. .... I don't know how to feel!
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

OK, maybe I'm a real dumbarse (don't say it) but how exactly does one get to the turnchat? I'm kinda hoping to make it for the first time ever. :begging:

(Also with my new connection at home, I'm up for PBEM with anyone who's interested.)
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

First question about the chat: do you have mIRC? If so, just log on to the apolyton server (instructions are psoted somewhere around here), and join channel #smacdg.

Comment

No, but I'm sure I can DL it somewhere. Is it the Java Applet you get offered when you click on chat? A links would be lovely.

-Jam

Comment

This should contain the information you want (including how to DL mIRC).

Comment

Working...
                              X