The Command Nexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Command Nexus

As the new DPO, I am resurrecting the Command Nexus, as a way to give the citizens of our great faction a say in the military operations. This first post will be updated after each turnchat, with military information, and requests for input on tactics and other military stuff.

Firstly, a big one, which I will discuss with the DFA too. Out of the factions we are at war with, which should we concentrate more on? Which should be out main targets? And should we only concentrate on that faction, or try to hit more?

Please feel free to say post anythign you would like to bring to my attention as DPO, from new units you'd like to see, to complaints about building requests. All input is welcomed.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

We should live up to the name of our faction : PEACEKEEPERS

No agressive war please - only defensive.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Well, given the main focus of our attention for the past few decades, it is clear that the Hive should be our first target - which should be very easy, considering the (lack of) resistance htey have so far put up. After that, we should see if the toehr facitons are willing to make peace; if yes, well, do it; if not, launch some strikes against them to force them into a peace deal. I suggest that with the Spartans, at least, if they refuse to sign a peace treaty, we should strike at Sparta Command; it's isolated and on the coastline, so we can easily hit it with our marines, and taking it would kick the legs out from under the Spartan economy.

Comment

we are also in war with morgan right?
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

No, we aren't. He abrogated our Pact, but did nothing else.

Comment

oh ok....then i would say...take out the hive....we might be the peacekeepers but we have a duty to those oppressed people to save them....(wow do i sound like bush now!)
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

With the state of the world as it is at the moment, perhaps we should put "peacekeeping forces" in all nations for the meanwhile. These are dangerous times afterall......
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Heh... had I been elected, I would have started setting up task forces ready to intervene against pretty much anyone, using carriers and transports full of marines.

Comment

Bah, just establish a lasting peace by overwhelming all possible belligerent parties

Seriously, though, we know that the AI has great difficulty (outside of a submissive pact) with the concept of "lasting peace with the human", so the only way to "keep" the peace is to sub-pact them all... and even then they might go after each other, so really the only way is to achieve victory.

Comment

to WoA. Wholeheartedly agree. I like GTs idea though, of a rapid response task force, ready to intervene whenever necessary. However, I think certain opposing factions can be contained without a large scale war. So is the consensus take out the Hive, before trying anything much with other factions (bar defense). This seems sensible, then the remnants of the Hive war can be used if we need to strike another faction. Should have polls up tomorrow, ready for weekend turnchat.

Thanks for the opinions people, keep them coming
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

What I had been planning was to have in UNSG 10-15 Choppers, two Transports full of best/near best AAA defenders and some rovers/tanks. The Choppers would take out the defense in as many of the Hive bases as possible, and the defenders would rush in and take roughly half of the Hive. We would then hope for peace, and if not Yang would be in no position to attack us further, until we could end his threat forever.

As for the other factions, I had hoped not to need to engage them beyond defensively. To this end, I hoped that peace terms could be found, and whether they were or not, some clean Radar cruisers were to be deployed in the seas approaching our continent as early warning. With our industrial capacity nothing further would be needed until an invasion was detected.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Alert! Alert!

*Ding, ding*

Morgan wil have a functioning Planet Buster within two years, and I can't see any way we can stop him from getting it, even if we went to war over it. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do now?
                        Last edited by GeneralTacticus; April 4, 2003, 06:26.

Comment

Oh, and another matter: one of our aircraft has spotted a Hive ship near Great Clustering. I suggest we send a chopper down to sink it.

Comment

I was wondering when and if someone was going to notice that. I already saw the PB construction 8 years ago, but I said to myself: "Let Morgan build it first and then tell it to everyone to create some excitement."
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

We may need to provoke Morgan to Vendetta quickly, attack until he changes production and then sabotage. I haven't looked at the map recently. Are we close enough and have the choppers to do this.

Of course I would need to poll to get backing for such action, ie provoke war.

On the other hand there may be other ideas. Have we an orbital defence pod in production, have we the tech. even then it has only 50% chance.
                              Last edited by Hercules; April 6, 2003, 11:28.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                              X