Term VIII election: Regional Governors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term VIII election: Regional Governors

Please vote on your preferred candidate. You have five votes, one per region, and three days. I'm polling for five of the eight regions, as there are no candidates for the others (and no, I won't be governor of Jedinica).
    Akiria: Drogue
    12.77%
    Akiria: Write-in
    2.13%
    Akiria: Abstain
    4.26%
    Centralis: GeneralTacticus
    17.02%
    Centralis: Write-in
    2.13%
    Centralis: Abstain
    2.13%
    Solaris: lucky22
    14.89%
    Solaris: Write-in
    0.00%
    Solaris: Abstain
    4.26%
    Twin Sea: TKG
    19.15%
    Twin Sea: Write-in
    0.00%
    Twin Sea: Abstain
    0.00%
    Hive bases: Archaic
    6.38%
    Hive bases: DeathByTheSword
    12.77%
    Hive bases: Write-in
    0.00%
    Hive bases: Abstain
    2.13%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

ok what to do about the other regions?
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

*places automated figureheads in the vacant regions*

Comment

Yes to all, except write-in for Centralis: Hercules - he's shown how good a Governor he was for Akiria, and will do a great job with Centralis IMHO.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I would think that Herc would prefer the sea region... and Centralis is GT's region, you all know this

Comment

Regions don't belong to people. Akiria was my region. Personally, there isn't anything up there for a sea region (weren't the plans scrapped?) and I think Herc is a good enough Governor that he should be in a position to use that skill. I think Centralis would benefit greatly from having a different style in charge. Just my personal opinion, but I think it would be interesting, as well as beneficial.
            Smile

Comment

Well, I'm certainly glad that Drogue seems to be in the minroity, given that Centralis wouldn't exactly be benefitted by closing down all the boreholes.
              Last edited by GeneralTacticus; March 27, 2003, 02:22.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                Well, I'm certainly glad that Drogue seems to be in the minroity, given that Centralis wouldn't exactly be benefitted by closing down all the boreholes.
                I assumed that I would be, although I am saddened to see Herc without a region. And benefitted depends on your point of view. He might not close them, he might simply make sure that there is no eco-damage inthe future, and not build anymore evilholes. This is of no disrespect to GT, he's done a good job, and is obviously a very able SMACer, but I simply disagree on some points of his, and think that Centralis needs someone of Herc's style and persuasion to remain ED free. I just wanted to stress this is not a personal thing, just a game and RP thing (being a STEP member and all)
                Smile

Comment

Um... in case you hadn't noticed, Centralis is already ED free, and requires no special effort to make sure it stays so, especially with all the Green facilities we're still putting up.

Moreover, i intend to make sure the place stays ED free; I oppose cutting back on production excessively to do it, but if taking a worker off a boreohle for w hile is what it takes to prevent worm attacks, I'll have no objection to doing so.

Comment

Working...
                  X