Game crashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes!

Cedayon and I have the following problem: If we move a unit over a square of the energy park, and then click on the tile information box to show the nuts-mins-energy produced, the game crashes. Also, if we move a supply crawler on the energy park and press "o", the game crashes. Does this happen to anyone else? Could as many people as possible please check this and tell us your results? I've had this problem before in one of my sp games where I constructed an energy park, so it must be related to energy parks, and not be some coincidence.

If other people have the same problem, this raises a question. There are so many SMAC veterans preaching the benefits of an energy park. Don't they encounter this problem??? Or do they just preach the energy park benefits but never build it themselves in their games?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Well, I've built test energy parks and had no problems... on another machine than I'm on now (and this one crashes when I try)... the important thing is: does GT's machine crash when he tries to crawl one of those squares?

Comment

So it would be dependent on your computer or your operating system??
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

It wouldn't be OS here, I'm running the same version of win98 on both machines.

Comment

I've suffered the same problem when trying to get info on the energy output of each square, but I haven't tried moving crawlers onto the park yet.

Comment

We go through all that effort, and the game crashes when we try to use it... ah, the irony

Comment

Working...
            X