Policy towards Lady Deirdre Skye/Gaians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policy towards Lady Deirdre Skye/Gaians

For a long time we were at peace with Lady Deirdre, she and her step daughters were very welcome in our territory and the step daughters especially, stirred many a weary peacekeeper. Others of our leading citizens were even more taken with the imported Talisker whisky.

So if we encounter Deirdre or her foot soldieresses, by accident or otherwise, what should be our policy position? Seek Peace at any cost; seek peace in exchange for tech; seek peace in exchange for modest ecs(100 ecs or below); seek peace only without conditions; continue Vendetta.

Your views are welcome and by the way have a glass of whisky.
    Seek peace at any cost Yes
    7.69%
    Seek peace at any cost No
    9.62%
    Seek peace in exchange for tech (even our latest discovery) Yes
    11.54%
    Seek peace in exchange for tech (even our latest discovery) No
    9.62%
    Seek peace in exchange for modest ecs (100ecs or below) Yes
    17.31%
    Seek peace in exchange for modest ecs (100ecs or below) No
    5.77%
    Seek peace only without conditions Yes
    13.46%
    Seek peace only without conditions No
    5.77%
    Continue Vendetta Yes
    7.69%
    Continue Vendetta No
    11.54%
    write in
    0.00%
    Abstain
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Seek Peace, however you do it. Personally, I'd be prepared to do anything (does that include going to green?)

Don't we all want to benefit from her lushious handmaidens? What is that worth to you
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Though I agree the handmaidens in question have certain very impressive... attributes... I've found that they lead only to compromise and iniquity.

I prefer peace with Lady Deidre and her followers, but I shall always remain beyond arm's length.

edit- btw, how're we supposed to vote? Yes for all the options we agree with, no for the others?
      Last edited by Cedayon; March 20, 2003, 18:49.

Comment

The Lady is a pacifist at heart. Take a few of her bases, and her resolve will crumble. We can then trade the land we've taken by force for peace.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

We needn't bother with a campaign ATM. There is no threat from them, and I plan to install early warning systems to ensure we know long before there is such a threat. If we have not reached a resolution with them by the end of the time we smoke out the Hive, we have battle-hardened troops ready for anything.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Indeed, we're rapidly approaching the point (we may be already there) that the game will not be able to provide serious resistance.

Comment

I actually seem to be in the minority here atm, but I really don't see why we should bother trying to achieve peace with Deirdre. She is no threat, she started it, and I don't see any compelling reason why we should buddy up with a faction whose system of government is little better than Miriam's.

Comment

Trade for one, you're always telling us how important energy is. Also he Government is much better than Deirdre's (from a Peacekeeper POV) She is a democracy, and thus does not contradict our main ideal (whereas Miriam uses Fundy) and she is not against knowledge, as Miriam is. In terms of how much she agrees with us, Deirdre is very high up (equal with Morgan and Zak - has democracy and othing that our faction is against).
                Smile

Comment

We should really go GREEN just to make friends with Deirdre. You know it makes sense to sit together in the fungus, watching Hercules approaching perhilion with a beautiful young handmaiden...

mmm...

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Kill'em all, use them as fertilizer. That'll make them proper martyrs to their twisted ideology.
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Trade for one, you're always telling us how important energy is.
                      1) I rather doubt that Deirdre wil have the slightest interest in a treaty of friendship, so that point is moot anyway.

2) Even disregarding #1, I don't consider trade a good enough reason for supporting the oppression of other nations.

Also he Government is much better than Deirdre's (from a Peacekeeper POV) She is a democracy, and thus does not contradict our main ideal (whereas Miriam uses Fundy) and she is not against knowledge, as Miriam is. In terms of how much she agrees with us, Deirdre is very high up (equal with Morgan and Zak - has democracy and othing that our faction is against).
                      Methinks you need to take a look at the real world rather than your ideal world. Deirdre is running a fundamentalist government and has been doing so since we met her.

Comment

I'm thinking Drogue was having a temporarily-unaware-of-Deidre's-fundy-status moment... I get the impression that Drogue has extremely little tolerance of "fundamentalism" in terms of the sort of theocracy that, say, Miriam is running... I can't imagine he'd be a whole lot more impressed with a similar system being run by Deidre.

But maybe Deidre's "Planet-worship" (for lack of a better term) isn't quite as bad to the Green supporters.

Comment

Is she? sorry, I can't access the game I have little tolerance of Miriam, not directly because of fundy, but because shes an unreasonable militant. Santiago, and even Yang to *some* extent, can be reasoned with, but I think there is little reasoning with Miriam. Thus I would take a harder line against her than against others. I do not agree with Deidre's Fundy, that is very much against us, and we should get her to change. But she isn't militant, so not as bad as Miriam, and might be able to be changed peacefully. Certainly no need for war IMHO.
                          Smile

Comment

"Not militant"? Are you suffering from historical amnesia? She's just militant about something different: Green Economics. She went to war with us over that. And I rather doubt that she will change her society until the seemingly endless war with Sparta ends, and considering that the Spartans are winnign and will want to press their advantage, I don't expect that to happen any time soon.

Comment

Yes, she is non-militant. At least, her personal profile does not say she is aggresive, and her faction profile stated pacifism as one of her aims IIRC. She is certainly not as militant as either Santiago, Yang or (worst of all IMHO) Miriam, which was the context that statement was given in. So she uses Green? How does that make her militant. We are not militant, but are at war with Yang because he uses Police State. That doesn't make us militant, just opinionated, like Deirdre.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X