Official: our next techs for turnchat 2264 onwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: our next techs for turnchat 2264 onwards

As War of Art hasn't responded to my PM where I asked to post a tech poll, I am acting in my Alpha Talent duty of
    *Acting as he deems fit if there is an emergency
    and
    *Posting polls to hear the people's voice
    by posting this tech poll, to make sure we have at least some idea what tech research the citizens desire.
    Officially this poll will last two days, but in reality it will be until the next turnchat.
    It's multiple choice and you have three votes.

As we will probably have to choose two techs this turnchat, possibly even three if we get lucky with some unity pod, artifact or probe action, I have also included techs we can't research now, but which we can after we have researched one of the four basic techs. (I hope I got them all ) If you vote for one of the second-level techs, of course you also have to use one of your three votes on the prerequisite basic tech.

Vote ahead!
    Silksteel Alloys
    13.51%
    Monopole Magnets (w. Sil All)
    16.22%
    Photon/Wave Mechanics (w. Sil All)
    0.00%
    Mind/Machine Interface
    21.62%
    Biomachinery (w. MMI)
    5.41%
    Organic Superlubricant
    16.22%
    Advanced Spaceflight (w. Org Sup)
    13.51%
    Centauri Genetics
    5.41%
    Centauri Psi (w. Cen Gen)
    2.70%
    Write-in
    2.70%
    Xenobanana
    2.70%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I just saw someone voted for Monopole Magnets without Silksteel Alloys. Unless we would be able to steal Silksteel Alloys from the Hive in the next seven years or so (which I doubt), that vote is wasted.

Comment

mind mac, and superlube. need to get to robotic assembly plants

Comment

Go mag tubes!

Comment

well, magnets *is* on the way to industrial nanorobotics afterall
          /me shrugs

Comment

Organic Superlube, Advanced Spaceflight, and MMI.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
              Organic Superlube, Advanced Spaceflight, and MMI.
              Exactly. It was you people who voted for war with Yang, not me, ( ) and in the case of fulfilling your best wishes, we need better than what we got to attack and be successful.

I want choppers dammit! Silksteel WILL be stolen from the Hive sometime before our attack force is ready, and then we can upgrade whatever we want to that defence using the Government's vast cash reserves and bulging Economy.

/me is really enjoying being a redneck cigar-chomping General

Remember when my avatar was General Ripper from Dr Strangelove?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

* MrWhereItsAt is really enjoying being a redneck cigar-chomping General
                I know all about it. it's an aphrodisiac.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                  I know all about it. it's an aphrodisiac.
                  I *knew* there was something up with all those Gaian handmaidens going down the hall to your office in the Aurora gov't building, I had to install extra soundproofing to get some peace at the Governor's desk.

Comment

Sorry guys, I was on holiday last week. I have this thing called work, and they give me this "time off" stuff. I just worked out what its for. And, yes, I still have no home connection. I got your PM this morning Maniac, BTW. Thanks for the reminder.

Have no fears, science poll to come tommorrow. I promise.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Is there a need anymore? This poll has already been done, MMI then Organic Superlube, then we need another poll.

Congrats Maniac, it might not have Adam's great RPing, but we finally have a techpoll that includes ones possible after the initial one
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I think this poll was for the turn chat we've just had? I'll look at the current save, just to make sure. Expect a poll tommorrow, for the turnchat next weekend. And it will include future techs, somehow, as we're speeding up in tech progression a bit now.

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I made this tech poll with the SMAC tech tree besides me. So to make it easier for you to compile the next poll and see quickly what techs will be available:
                          We have researched until now:
                          All levels 5 techs and below.
                          All level 6 techs except Monopole Magnets (under development) and Photon/Wave Mechanics.
                          Organic Superlubricant and Adv Ecol Engin.
                          That's it I think.

Comment

Thanks Maniac.
                            Actually expect the poll tommorrow morning, as the disc I saved it on...

...got left on my desk at home. :dohsmilie:

-Jam

Comment

And now its posted here:

(I forgot to add "Write in" as an option. If you want to vote "Write in", type "Write In" at the top of whatever you post.)

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X