Official: Fiscal Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Fiscal Policy

Well, here's the poll, please vote once in each of the two categories.

Question 1: Should we maintain an energy credit reserve?

The answers should be fairly self explanatory.

Question 2: What kind of non-emergency rushes should be permitted, in general?

Should be fairly straightforward... "in general" refers to established bases, for the most part. If there's a really new base that really needs that former... well, first I'd see if there's any other ways to get a former over there, but I'd consider a rush if the mineral production was too low.

I didn't include some of the options I was meaning to in the second part because I figured it's better for me to use common sense when faced with large rush requests rather than go by a general policy that might not be good for the situation. Trust me
    1) No, an energy credit reserve isn't necessary
    15.00%
    1) Yes, 100 credits will do
    0.00%
    1) Yes, 500 credits will do
    0.00%
    1) Yes, 1000 credits will do
    25.00%
    1) Yes, 2500 credits will do
    10.00%
    1) Yes, 5000 credits will do
    0.00%
    1) Yes, 10000 credits will do
    0.00%
    1) Yes, and keep at least 25000 in there, I want to buy an economic victory!
    0.00%
    1) Write-in
    0.00%
    1) Xenobanana! [img]http://www3.sympatico.ca/peter_green/banana.gif[/img]
    0.00%
    2) Permit any kind of rush
    10.00%
    2) Permit only rushes past the first 10 mins
    20.00%
    2) Permit only base facility rushes, that are past the first 10 mins
    20.00%
    2) Write-in
    0.00%
    2) Xenobanana! [img]http://www3.sympatico.ca/peter_green/banana.gif[/img]
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

SHouldn't there be a "permit no rushes"? I would go for a write-in (I only use rushes for emergencies, and this is only non-emergencies) but write-in never wins, since people have already voted with the options, thus I voted for the "Permit only base facility rushes, that are past the first 10 mins".
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
      SHouldn't there be a "permit no rushes"?
      Probably, but I think it would be a throw-away vote and I wanted to *try* not to divide the votes too much... as it is I've got a pain on my hands if two reserve levels tie.

I would go for a write-in (I only use rushes for emergencies, and this is only non-emergencies) but write-in never wins, since people have already voted with the options, thus I voted for the "Permit only base facility rushes, that are past the first 10 mins".
      If enough of you feel strongly about allowing absolutely no non-emergency rushes (and let me know), I'll poll it in the future (a week after this one closes). Seriously, though, we make so much cash that it would be a shame to not rush stuff.

Comment

1000 credits in the bank's winning? *Sighs* And just *what* do we need all that cash on hand for when cashflow makes it irrelevant...
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

K, poll closed, results:

1. We will maintain a reserve of 1000ecs. This means that (if my orders are followed and nothing really bad happens) we will start each turn with at least 1000ecs. To clarify: if we have an income of 600, I'll permit requests that take it down as low as 400, so long as those requests are granted at the end of the turn (so all emergencies are dealt with first), since the next turn will see our reserves at 1000+

2. All items with at least 10 mins already invested are permissible rushes, even if not emergencies, and whether or not they are facilities. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, of course, but hopefully there will be no problems if the governors give thought to making sure their requests are reasonable before submitting them.

Comment

Working...
          X