Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: What Dem/Green/Know energy setting should run against our current setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: What Dem/Green/Know energy setting should run against our current setting?

This is an information gathering poll, running for 2 days.

Our current setting is:
    Dem/FM/Know
    40/20/40
    Net Income: 614
    Research rate: 3 turns

Now the previous polls have shown a preference of Dem/Green/Know over the other society models, so this poll will be about what energy settings to choose for that model.

So, first the Society Effects for Dem/Green/Know:
    First the changes.
    Economy 0 (was +2)
    Efficiency +4 (was +2)
    Police +1 (was -4)
    Growth 0 (was +2)
    Planet +2 (was -3)

Things that stay the same:
    Support -2
    Morale 0
    Probe -2
    Industry 0
    Research +2

The options to choose from are:

10/0/90
    Net income: 56
    Research rate: 2

50/0/50
    Net income: 551
    Research rate: 3

60/0/40
    Net income: 689
    Research rate: 4

70/0/30
    Net income: 815
    Research rate: 5

Write-in
    Abstain

2 days voting time.
    The winner of this poll will be up against our current model in a final poll to see if there will be a change or not.
    10/0/90
    8.33%
    50/0/50
    75.00%
    60/0/40
    0.00%
    70/0/30
    16.67%
    Write-in, only e-setting for Dem/Green/Know
    0.00%
    Abstain
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Are you planning on showing the drone/talent data for the bases? Just one for the current setting and one for green in general (all options have no psych) would do.

Comment

50/0/50; it provides us with a nice balance between research and energy credits.
      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
        Are you planning on showing the drone/talent data for the bases? Just one for the current setting and one for green in general (all options have no psych) would do.
        That will be posted in the final poll between FM and Green, but IIRC under green with 0 Psych, only 1 base would be in danger of riots with the current Talent/Psychic distribution among citizens.
        Under FM with 20 Psych that were at least 2 bases...again, this is from memory from last night, i didn't pay much attention to it then, and i don't have the game here now to check it.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Under FM with 20 Psych that were at least 2 bases...
          ...? As I recall, we had no bases in danger of riots at the present time.

Comment

hmm, i may have put the Psych setting to 0 then before checking for riots..

Comment

No 30:0:70?

Voted 10:0:90 (research ) but either 30:0:70 or 40:0:60 would be better IMHO.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

20/0/80 to 50/0/50 only decrease energy income, and no decrease in turn needed for research...didn't seem worth to mention it....though i now realize that research points might be carried over to the next project (are they?)

You could still have 40/0/60 or 30/0/70 as write-in.

Comment

Yes, research points are carried over, which will soemtimes allow for multiple techs to be discovered in 1 turn in the late-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                    Voted 10:0:90 (research )
                    research is all well and good, but with what will we rush our fusion labs without economy?

Comment

Picking that option would effectively deprive us of more than 300 mins per turn; that's equivalent to the combined industrial production of several regions, and possibly the entire faction.

EDIT: In rushbuys, that is.
                      Last edited by GeneralTacticus; March 5, 2003, 08:43.

Comment

Don't worry, 50/50 is winning.

Comment

AFAIK the game goes through each of your bases, tossing its lab points on "the pile", and when the pile gets big enough you get a tech... however, if we needed only 1 more lab point when we got to, say, Concordia, all 100+ points would be used and none carried over to the next tech... any bases the game goes through after that would count for the next tech, though.

Comment

That's way I prefer sticking to 50/50.

Comment

Looks like 50/50 will win. I'll vote for it, seems the most reasonable... why we would leave our wonderful little FM is beyond me though

Comment

Working...
                              X