Official Poll: War or Peace with Yang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Poll: War or Peace with Yang

This is a simple poll . Do we want War or Peace with Yang at this time. The people's answer will help the Justices to arrive at a decision on which save to play.

There are essentialyl two choices War or Peace, as far as I can see.

If we choose war, we can:-

a) go to save 1 ( no communication initiated) and no contact with Yang or anyone. Vendetta will continue.

b) go to save 2 (after contact) and decide how best to implement peoples wishes. ( provoke, wait, demand base, probe, (which we intended anyway to steal SSA)

c) other eg send Lemmy as ambassador.

If we choose peace, we can:-

a) go to save 1 (as above and initiate contact) with a view to seeking peace but not with conditions attached

b) Go to save 2 (as above) and continue with truce.
    Seek War with Yang
    55.00%
    Seek Peace with Yang
    45.00%
    Abstain
    0.00%
    Write in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Re: Official Poll: War or Peace with Yang

Originally posted by Hercules
    c) other eg send Lemmy as ambassador.

Lemmy, how soon can you have one of those armies of darkness ready?

Comment

I'm ambivalent on this. I voted war, because O think we'll have to deal with Yang sometime, so we might as well do it now; but I can see the value of a temporary Truce, which might allow us to gain Yang's support for a Global Trade Pact, which would be a great help to us, and once we can get that passed, our veto will be enough to preserve it forever.

Comment

Re: Re: Official Poll: War or Peace with Yang

Originally posted by Cedayon

Lemmy, how soon can you have one of those armies of darkness ready?
        Uhm...well, i'd have to pull them back from their way to New Apolyton..erhm..err...to DEFEND, yes, they were on their way to defend New Apolyton from...ehm...Yang-sponsored terrorist attacks...
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Voted Peace, although I think on which save we use is a Court decision, and not subject to this poll.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

This isn't a poll on which save to use, it's a poll on whether we want to be at war or peace with Yang, so that we know what to do after we figure out which save to use.

Comment

Voted peace. Let us develop new weapons, build up our strength, and when the truce expires crush Yang in one fell swoop. He won't stand a chance, since we'll probably have choppers with at least fusion laser by then.

With Yang out of the way, we can concentrate on claiming victory in whichever way we please.

... We're probably near the required power for a diplomatic victory as it stands, actually. *thinks*

Comment

Voted peace for the same reasons as Cedayon.

Make truce now to gave us the time to prepare the weapons and army which will allow use to crush Yang like the bug he is

I might as well summarize it like this :

Peace to prepare war

Comment

Peace. As the (EDIT) NEWly elected DPO, I'd like to have some time to assess our defenses/offensive weapons before having to devise any strategies myself. Getting in amongst the troops to ask them what we need, so to speak.

Plus if Lemmy's lucky, I might just release the dead former troopers to him for experimentation...
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

cant send lemmy as a threat? like: if you dont surrender we will make lemmy live with you....
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

We have no justifiable reason to continue the war with Yang, if we can establish a permanent peace (highly unlikely) our resources could be put to better use than war production.

I still choose peace even if war is inevitable since it gives us slightly more time to plan for war. We could use the cease fire period to militarize and plan an attack against the Hive homeland.
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                        cant send lemmy as a threat? like: if you dont surrender we will make lemmy live with you....

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                          Come on, Hive is not as _that_ bad...

And using the L weapon should be forbidden by Geneva Convention.

Comment

Agh! Stupid poll! I need to know what to do. Maniac has reminded me about orders, and I can't give them if we can't make up our minds...

How many of you voted for war just because you think that the truce decision was unconstitutional? Well don't. The Court will decide what is constitutional and what is not, so vote using your head and not that ever-more annoying document. Which suits our purposes best?
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

i voted peace because i think going back to the old save would be unconstitutional
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                              X