Where should we spend the profits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should we spend the profits?

Sorry to clutter the place up with yet another thread, but I think this needs some discussion (not that I have any authority in the area):

We're in FM now. That, combined with our large number of bases and huge population, means we rake in quite a bit of energy income each turn. 356ecs a turn as of last save, to be precise.

Over 7 turns that equals 2492ecs in *profit*, which could be spent (over the 7 turns) without touching our stockpile of 3582ecs. That's a conservative estimate, given that our income will only increase (minus some maintenence increases from new facilitiies) over time.

I've asked for 506 or so ecs in rushes and upgrades for Akiria. TKG has asked for ... *checks Aurillion orders, tries to crunch numbers*, uh, a lot of ecs for his region. GT has plans (to be polled, no?) to rush-build the Ascetic Virtues SP in New Apolyton when we get PE, which should come to 600-700ecs (right?)...

The point is that we need help spending all this cash

Any ideas?

upgrade the formers once we get clean reactors.

Comment

There is always charity you can donate it to:
      The Lemmy Foundation
      Help Lemmy Through the Winter
      The Put-Lemmy-Through-University Charity Group
      Lemmy's Secret Morganic Bank Account
      Lemmy's House o' Miracles(co-founded with Sister Miriam)
      ...just to name a few..
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
        There is always charity you can donate it to:
        The Lemmy Foundation
        Help Lemmy Through the Winter
        The Put-Lemmy-Through-University Charity Group
        Lemmy's Secret Morganic Bank Account
        Lemmy's House o' Miracles(co-founded with Sister Miriam)
        ...just to name a few..

we all know you should donate it to Xenobrew Inc., so they can continue to provide you with a quality product that surpasses all others!

Comment

Or we can spend it on some neat probe missions that the public really shouldn't know anything about.....virus, anyone?
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Viruses!? How dare you suggest an atrocity!

*neglects to mention the planet buster he's building in his basement*

Comment

I'd say mainly just save it up for now. We're going to need quite a lot fo cash to upgrade all of our troops to have Clean Reactors.

Comment

Increase Psych allocation untill we're running at a loss. That will make everyone happy, and get rid of all that "unwanted" money. How about 60% Psych and 40% Labs.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The virus thingie doesn't seem to have much support among the population...Clean Reactors would be a good investment then.

Comment

or we could increase the science rate. how does 30-20-50 sound?

Comment

I'd say we just have to rush more. But unfortunately GT tends to forget rushes asked further than the first turn.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                        But unfortunately GT tends to forget rushes asked further than the first turn.
                        I've noticed that. Perhaps we need to use more effective "reminders"

Comment

It would also be good to check at the end of each turn if there are buildings which are only 2 turns away from completion, and rush those up to 1 turn away from completion. That would prevent a lot of mineral wastes in our mineral rich bases where only 10 minerals can be carried over to the next project.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                          X