Pact of Brotherhood
    6.67%
    Write-In
    0.00%
    Abstain / Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Adam T. Gieseler

I would prefer a pact, more for RP reasons than practical ones. I don't really expect it to happen, though.

Comment

This is not at all my usualy character, but I vote for Vendetta. I am a pacifist, but there is no place on Planet for teaching aggressive belief. It is in the interests of peace that we must stop militant religion.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

we're not in a position to wage yet another war. i voted treaty, but i doubt it's possible

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
          This is not at all my usualy character, but I vote for Vendetta. I am a pacifist, but there is no place on Planet for teaching aggressive belief. It is in the interests of peace that we must stop militant religion.
          Hmm... I guess they won't be too shocked if we do that, stuff like that's been happening for a while. I won't raise a weapon against one of them, though.

Comment

Informal truce would be the best we could hope to get form Miriam, even if we were to give in to her ludicrous demands. Though even if we are at war with her on paper, no actual conflict would occur for a considerably long period of time, in short she poses no threat to us. We can effectively ignore Miriam and her flock.
            You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Cedayon: What reason do you have for advocating that we try for a Pact with Miriam?

btw, I vote we try for a Treaty; for the Commerce, if nothing else.

Comment

Freindship, as long as we can keep Believers friendly. Get ready for total war, just in case.
                "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I am more opposed to the Believers than to Yang. However that is not why I support a vendetta. We will never have peace while one faction leader wants war to convert all. Miriam cannot be reasoned with. She has a Jihad against us, and all non-fundy Governments. Yang will bow to military might, to a show of power. Miriam will bow to nothing, she would rather die than stop attacking us. The only choice we have is to make her choose death.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                    Cedayon: What reason do you have for advocating that we try for a Pact with Miriam?
                    There really isn't a good in-game one, because of how the game chooses to depict the Believers (ruthless Jihad-ing intractible zealots that can't research worth ****). A treaty would be just as good, I suppose, but if somehow a pertubation in the fabric of space-time were to get Miriam to actually accept a pact...

Comment

I can't see any use of miriam, I vote for truce, and start building up our army. We will have to fight her sooner or later.
                      What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I am voting for anything less than vendetta for practical reasons at this time. If we achieve Treaty or Truce, there is a chance she could intervene to our advantage with other regimes ( plus would we get trade points).

As in common with most all peacekeepers, she's not my 'cup of tea'. Thankfully she's not a serious threat at this time nor if we control things will she ever be.

My only caveat is if our allies call on us to intervene in a big way.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Zakh might want us to declare war later, as he is currently at war with her (IIRC), but that shouldn't pose too much of a problem. It's not as if she'll be terribly unhappy if war rbeaks out, either (the only people who will be are the guys at the Department of Global Commerce).

Comment

Working...
                          X