3 days voting time
    Hercules
    75.00%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Abstain
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

I hope the good people of the Peacekeeping faction will continue to support me as their Director of Peacekeeping Operations. I feel I have set about implementing the broad peacekeeping policy which was widely accepted a number of years back.

We are moving into more perilous times. We need to be on our guard and maintain secure defences.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

A question, Herc: When do you intend to press the war against the Hive, and how do you intend to do it?

Comment

Go Herc.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

You've got my vote, Herc, but I would like to hear your plans and timetable for dealing with the hive.

Comment

When do you intend to press the war against the Hive
            Is that Herc's decision? Isn't that foreign affairs?

Of course, Herc got my vote. Nice to see a moderate pacifist in the position, instead of the usual warmongerors (no offence DBTS )
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
              I agree that it's the DFA's decision to start a vendetta... but isn't it the DPO's duty to end one? ... well, unless you resolve it diplomatically, but that's no fun

Nice to see a moderate pacifist in the position, instead of [warmongerors]
              I agree, we are the Peacekeepers after all, not the Spartans.

Comment

If he's a pacifist, why's he complaining about the -5 police rating in the SE thread? ~_~
                Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                  If he's a pacifist, why's he complaining about the -5 police rating in the SE thread? ~_~
                  "moderate" pacifist... ie there are still situations where he would want to take the fight to the enemy, and would probably not be happy about 2 drones per unit thus deployed.

I don't think a pure pacifist could be considered qualified for DPO

Comment

Not seeing as how the war is already underway. Foreign Affairs is responsible for diplomatic actions, not military ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                      Because I do not want civil unrest. Why does me not wanting a war mean I cannot want a negative police rating? I want to be at peace, but without the -5 police. If we have to go to war, then I definiatly don't want a negative police, because of our units being out of base squares.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

-5 Police only gives you Drones for units outside of the faction's territory, not outside of base squares. And I'd think that you'd probably want to (RP-wise) remove the military police from our bases ASAP, correct?

As for civil unrest.....as we've clearly shown time and time again, there only would be if you warmongers went and took units out of our territory. And in that case, that's your own damn fault, and every citizen's right. Having more police doesn't make them more happy about troops going overseas. It just supresses them.
                        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I turn my back for a minute!

If we have to go to war, then I definiatly don't want a
                          negative police, because of our units being out of base squares.
                          exactly.

It is the Dir of Peacekeeping Operations job to carry out the will of the people. As I understand it, that will is first and foremost to safe guard our territory.

The second aim is to build a force of occupation to reign in Yang's expansionist ideas and third, to liberate Hive citizens.

and finally if Yang has not surrendered unconditionally to the Peacekeepers after severe setbacks to his force, to seek his distruction.

I think our covert operation troops have done us proud and have gained us several years catch up.
                          It costs time a money building and training a military force. I know when those boys and girls are sent overseas, they don't want to hear news of disquiet back home. Severe discontent adds fuel to Yang's propoganda machine.

Most of our defensive build up will be on the Easterns side (and the acquistion of AAA is a great help,) but we will not neglect the western shores.
                          Some of our military capability will of necessity have the best strike offensive available (counter attack and strike where necessary) and our scientists, I know are working feverishly in that area.

I know our citizens are anxious to' liberate' the ordinary people in Hive territory but our strength is vigilence, precision and patience.

It is not for the Dir of Peacekeeping Operations to move our faction to a 'higher' war footing but I would hope to have the quiet and non alarmist cooperation of the CommissHioner, Alpha talent , Directors and Governors in the development, design and production of military units. Ideas welcome.

I realise that one or two needlejets is one less hospital or other social facility, but view it as a slight delay in the delivery of those important citizen facilities, we we all wish to see. Hell I as much as anybody want to enjoy the delights of those offshore R&R facilities.

Also our director of Foreign Affairs will be working his ass off in the UN trying to secure peace across the planet.

Yang might deliver to the UN his weapons of mass distruction ,so continuation of the conflict is not inevitable

If it comes to a sharp increase in hostilities against Yang, I hope on behalf of the Peacekeepers we will have the full backing of all citizens.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                            Yang might deliver to the UN his weapons of mass distruction ,so continuation of the conflict is not inevitable
                            Why does this sound familiar?

If it comes to a sharp increase in hostilities against Yang, I hope on behalf of the Peacekeepers we will have the full backing of all citizens.
                            Yang? If you want to go after Yang, you've got my support. I've got a few scores to settle with him regarding some collegues of mine from the University...

Comment

I realise that one or two needlejets is one less hospital or other social facility, but view it as a slight delay in the delivery of those important citizen facilities, we we all wish to see. Hell I as much as anybody want to enjoy the delights of those offshore R&R facilities.
                              Well, no, not really, in view of the low cost of needlejets relative to the facilities you've mentioned. 3-4 needlejets is 1 less RH or TF, but it constitutes quite a powerful military force in it's own right. A fair trade-off, I'd say, as long as we actually have a use for them.
                              Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 30, 2003, 02:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X