OFFICIAL : Green energy allocation true final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL : Green energy allocation true final

This is the final for the green energy allocation. This poll will last three days. The poll for the next SE settings -- introducing Green for the first time -- wont be available before the next turnchat, so I'll start it beginning of next week.
    40/00/60
    50.00%
    50/00/50
    50.00%
    ABSTAIN
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

50/0/50.

Comment

40/00/60

Comment

50/00/50

Seriously Pan, you skimp too much on Economy. Take a look at my SP games in Sikander's builder thread and see just what effect rushing had on my production of facilities.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I dont care about your SPs games, I could as simply oppose mines...

Comment

Ah yes, retreating to your beloved RP arguements and completly forgetting game mechanics, not willing to admit that someone who can Transcend in the 2200's on the highest difficulty probably knows a hell of a lot more about playing this game than you do. Well, if you want to cover your ears and yell like always, feel free.

Comment

I'd prefer 100/00/00.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Scarily enough....that could potentially be a better setting, simply because all those lovely things you've built using all that cash start producing quite a lot once you go back to standard settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                  Ah yes, retreating to your beloved RP arguements and completly forgetting game mechanics, not willing to admit that someone who can Transcend in the 2200's on the highest difficulty probably knows a hell of a lot more about playing this game than you do. Well, if you want to cover your ears and yell like always, feel free.
                  Dont simply pretend to know the game better than by arguments like "Im good so Im better than you". We have different playstyles, and I wont play the "I have a bigger than you".
                  And about this transcend victory at MY 2200, i am quite positive i can have a diplomatic victory at year 2400 with far more points than your transcend victories. Its called different playstyles, I go for the more points, you go for the fastest transcend.

Comment

*Laughs* So a Diplo victory by then is better than a Transcend victory in the 2200's with the vast majority of the projects? If you want more points, you'd be playing by my playstyle. Hell, if I wanted to, I could elect myself leader and win by Diplo right after I snag Clinical Immortality, and potentially before (I haven't bothered to check the vote totals). By 2400's I'd have researched.....how many TT's? Seriously Pan, any claim you have to be better at this game than me is simply laughable if that's the best you can do. What I'm doing is hardly pretending. It's pointing out a simple fact.

EDIT: Now here's a nice way to settle this....

SMAC PBEM game, with every player using a PK Clone faction. 7 Human players, all members of this Diplo game, with enough of a spread so that we don't have too many on one side simply deciding to band together. Actually....we'll just make rules against it. Battle of the Builders. No offensive actions allowed against anyone, except for Probes. How does that sound Pan? Or are you chicken?

Comment

50/0/50, because 40/0/60 won't get us tech any faster (same number of turns) right now... 30/0/70 would make it a turn faster, though. In the future the 40/60 ratio might be worthwhile, but not now.

We need the energy, anyway.

Btw, am I the only one who would prefer the heated and filled-with-insults "My playstyle is better than yours" discussions be held in PMs or at least on the strategy forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                        *Laughs* So a Diplo victory by then is better than a Transcend victory in the 2200's with the vast majority of the projects? If you want more points, you'd be playing by my playstyle. Hell, if I wanted to, I could elect myself leader and win by Diplo right after I snag Clinical Immortality, and potentially before (I haven't bothered to check the vote totals). By 2400's I'd have researched.....how many TT's? Seriously Pan, any claim you have to be better at this game than me is simply laughable if that's the best you can do. What I'm doing is hardly pretending. It's pointing out a simple fact.
                        Except that you get one point for each citizen, so as soon as you get the Cloning Valts, you score starts to be really boosted. IIRC you lose 5 points per turn from the 1600 awarded for transcent victory, and you get one point per citizen...

EDIT: Now here's a nice way to settle this....

SMAC PBEM game, with every player using a PK Clone faction. 7 Human players, all members of this Diplo game, with enough of a spread so that we don't have too many on one side simply deciding to band together. Actually....we'll just make rules against it. Battle of the Builders. No offensive actions allowed against anyone, except for Probes. How does that sound Pan? Or are you chicken?
                        For the moment, I'll be a chicken called for an emergency filming, in the middle of my exams, etc... who has just enough time to be a decent DoSE, seeing I'll be late for the Green switch and we'll hae to go planned a little more.
                        Moreover, I'm quite afraid we can't play a game together.

I'll try to save more time for February though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                          Btw, am I the only one who would prefer the heated and filled-with-insults "My playstyle is better than yours" discussions be held in PMs or at least on the strategy forums?
                          No, I'd love that as well.

Comment

I'd love to participate in such a SMAC demo game. Actually I was just thinking about it myself after I read Archaic's message
                            not willing to admit that someone who can Transcend in the 2200's on the highest difficulty probably knows a hell of a lot more about playing this game than you do.
                            Pandemoniak, despite being in exams, I don't think it should take too much of your time. After all, the first years you'll only have to move a few units. And when you get larger, your exams will already be over so I presume.

SMAC PBEM game, with every player using a PK Clone faction. 7 Human players, all members of this Diplo game,
                            Or if we can't find 7, at least four or five so I hope.

with enough of a spread so that we don't have too many on one side simply deciding to band together. Actually....we'll just make rules against it. Battle of the Builders. No offensive actions allowed against anyone, except for Probes.
                            Why are you afraid against people banding together??? Diplomacy is part of SMAC, just like building and conquering is. You may be the best builder, but the question is: can you also survive a rover rush? For that matter, I'd like to propose large and not huge map size. That way there is enough room to play builder, but you aren't that far located from each other making conquests impossible.

Edit: perhaps we shouldn't force everyone to be PK if they don't want to, as that faction is biased towards certain SE choices. For instance I can imagine Hercules would want to play green with the Gaians, Pandemoniak planned with the Drones and Archaic FM with the Morganites.
                            Last edited by Maniac; January 23, 2003, 14:58.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Which ever delivers us the next tech quickist: if 40:00:60 does it one turn quicker so be it.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                              X