No announcement yet.

CNN Special Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fact that it looks so much like a nazi propaganda documentary is alarming.
    I would think that that's a coincidence, because I'd never even heard of the documentary you linked to, and didn't know that the Nazis published that partciular kind of propaganda; I thought they just demonised the USSR as being a vast region populated by barabaric subhumans.

not saying you're a nazi, but either you have such a hatred of far left that you share part of their ideals,
    I have a strong dislike for that part of the left that believes in state control over industry.

, either you have such a love for true right parties that you share their ideals,
    I don't think there is a single truly right-wing party IRL that I know of that I don't utterly despise, so that one goes out the window.

either you simply made a mistake, which can happen to everyone.
    This documentary was a product of that old argument over whether Marxism favoured child labour, which I did not see as satisfactorily resolved, given that everything hinged on whether the proper term was 'material' or 'industrial', and since the copy of the Manifesto that's in English uses 'industrial', we couldn't resolve the issue.

Quite apart form that, the issue is not whether, you, personally, or Marxists in general support this kind of stuff happening; obviously you don't. The issue is whether youractions can and have led to this happening, in much the same way the US public wouldn't support the war crimes their governments committed, yet their actions made it possible for them to be committed.

But the worst is that you use it as an argument :
    Where have i used it as an argument? Archaic has linked to it, but I don't recall using it in a debate other than the current one about it's validity.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
      Given the amount of bureacracy required to administer a Planned economy, how exactly would a governor be able to know what was going on in evey factory in his region... particularly if the factories weren't officially listed as such?
      In a democratic, bureacratic Planned system such as ours, every factory would be registered. And the Governor would either control it personally, in a small region, or would appoint/elect people to control them. Akiria is small, and so I control most factories, however I have appointed Majors to be in charge of that base, and the factories within. I trust the Herc and Kirov would not support such a system, and neither will I. Therefore I can assure you that this type of slave labour does not happen here.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

In a democratic, bureacratic Planned system such as ours, every factory would be registered.
        Why would it being democratic make even the slightest amount of difference?

Comment

Sorry, my bad then. Archaic has used it as an argument, not you[/i].

The issue is whether youractions can and have led to this happening, in much the same way the US public wouldn't support the war crimes their governments committed, yet their actions made it possible for them to be committed.
          The people of UN Peacekeepers have regard on what we do, unlike the US public. Theres never been a vote in the US to determine if they would or not go to war, while there is constantly votes in the UN PK.
          -- OOC, i like this idea of the guy coming home and checking his own "Palm Poll Pilot" and wondering : "Ok, what are we voting today..."
          "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
          "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

...? What's your point there? Of course this has neve rbeen subjected to democratic oversight, because it would not exist if it were, but that, again, isn't the point. The point is whether or not the law you passed could be abused to permit this to happen.

Comment

It cannot be used to permit this :
              Pandemoniak's decree says:
              Alinea 7 : Proper care and education for our childrens is directly under control of the Childrens' creche. This includes medical services to guarantee good health to our young citizens, and education, not only intellectual but also material.

Comment

and education, not only intellectual but also material.
                Remember, they're calling them "technical apprenticeships" and "hands-on training classes". You've shown exactly where the loophole is. Domo Arigato. Concession Accepted.
                Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

So, the obvious solution is to amend that paragraph to include 'All facilities used for the purpose of this education must be publicly recorded as such, including the type of education conducted therein, and must allow video survelliance by the U.N. Department for Human Rights, to ensure that human rights are respected.'

Comment

There is no need : "This includes medical services to guarantee good health". So it is obvious that this law allow no child to work in a factory and that you've been crooked by Hiveans propagandists. Besides you're forgetting that according to Crisler decree of Jolly Youth, MY 2102, and that still hasnt been cancelled, no children under the age of sixteen is allowed to be closer than five miles of any kind of factory, in order to prevent their health and good manners
                    This, if you remember, was used to avoid that children under the age of sixteen hang out around the Recreations Commons Bars. I think that it was Lemmy's decree which said : "no recreation common bar is allowed to be closer than five miles of anykind of factory", which was a distoted way to reduce drinking age to 12.

But if you wish to amend the paragraph, just phone my secretary, Mr. Commishioner. Just remember you have refused to sign the Declaration of Human Rights, so there is no Department of Human Rights.

Comment

GT, I have evidence you rape childrens...
                      WHAT ???!!!!! YOU RAPE CHILDREN GT !!!!

YOU SHOULD BE BROUGHT DOWN BEFORE JUSTICE !!!!!

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll

Just kidding

Comment

Great RP Pandemoniak.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                        X