Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: More Centralis boreholes?

Poll will last 2 days.

The Red borehole will not cause ecodamage and will be crawled for energy by the Tacticus Academy former already there; the other two will, and will be worked by the bases they are next to.

EDIT: See below for the correct map.
    Red: Yes
    16.67%
    Red: No
    16.67%
    Blue: Yes
    19.44%
    Blue: No
    13.89%
    Green: Yes
    19.44%
    Green: No
    13.89%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 21, 2003, 21:55.

F*cking hell. This really doesn't seem to want to post the right images. I'll see if it works this time.
    Attached Files

Comment

All 3, especially the no eco-damage one.

Question: Would any of the un-used land south of TA be suitable for a borehole? Perhaps 6,92? Also, could a borehole be drilled on the far end of the two-square peninsula west of Antioch (5,83)? Or are there bases planned for these areas and/or are they not under your jurisdiction?

edit: there's also the 19,91 spot 2 squares east of the Capital and the 15,81 spot 2 squares north of TBIBTU.
      Last edited by Cedayon; January 21, 2003, 23:51.

Comment

Those areas would be quite suitable for borehole construction, and AFAIK, there are no bases planned for there ATM.

As for whether I have jurisdiction over them; for the Antioch peninsula, undoubtedly; for the area south of TA, I'd say it's a kind of null zone, which no-one currently governs because no-one has any use for it, so I don't see what's to stop me from at least proposing some borehole consturction there.

Comment

One on the Antioch Peninsula would be nice (it would be vulnerable to shore bombardment, but still).

The 6,92 spot of TA is just one square outside the base radius, and quite distant from any other base, so I don't think anyone has a better claim than you. Perhaps, though, that region could be more efficiently developed as an energy park. It depends on how many crawlers we want to post there.

I think it would be prudent to drill as many boreholes away from population centers (ie outside base radii) as is feasible, so that fewer boreholes and other undersirable-in-ones-backyard improvements need to be built near the bases. It is nice to get both the minerals and energy from one, though.

Comment

Yes yes YES w/o even looking at the Pic ;=)
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Well as promised I voted no. Why don't you be the first to build some echelon mirrors
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Because, as yet, I see nowhere where they would be of any use. It might be better to use them in the area south of TA, but then again, it might not. I'll use whichever option is most effective.

Comment

No on all, though if the red one passes, I won't be too upset. If it doesn't create eco-damage, it's not too bad. If you wish to blight your landscape it is not such a problem to me. When it comes to the eco-damage, I voted no, as I do not wish the people to be subjected to the fear of worm rape. But then, all of this is pretty predictable from me by now
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

all of them

Comment

Yes three times.

Comment

Working...
                      X