Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Base Poll Pt 3

part 3, here it is.

Sea bases in the Sea of Pholus! if you want 2 bases, vote for that, and then for 2 base locations.

3 days.
    Build 1 base in the Sea of Pholus
    0.00%
    Build 2 bases in the Sea of Pholus
    18.18%
    Build 3 bases in the Sea of Pholus
    12.12%
    Build 0 bases in the Sea of Pholus
    0.00%
    Red
    3.03%
    Blue
    6.06%
    Yellow
    15.15%
    Green
    0.00%
    Dark Green
    9.09%
    The Colour "Puke" :hmmm:
    0.00%
    Dark Grey
    0.00%
    Pink
    9.09%
    Black
    0.00%
    White
    6.06%
    Brown
    3.03%
    Light Blue
    3.03%
    Yellow-ish :cute:
    3.03%
    Dark Blue
    6.06%
    Dark Purple
    0.00%
    Grey
    0.00%
    Blue-ish Grey :cute:
    6.06%
    Write-In
    0.00%
    Xenobanana [img]http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/images/smiles/banana.gif[/img]
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ok, no write-in this time. Two bases: yellow and purple (you call it pink I presume - that one with four bonus tiles). They would be great to protect a possible sea energy park we could construct.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

3 bases: Yellow, Pink, Blue-ish Grey
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Two bases Yellow, Pink. ( option black)
        Have we the ability to build in deep water ? are some of those choices deep water
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

i thought you could always build in deep water?

Comment

As far as I know, the only peope who can build in Deep Water are the Pirates, and only after a certain tech is discovered, which we don't even have yet. Bases here would be completly worthless.
            Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

TKG: Can you do another screenshot, take out the bases in deep water, and then repost the pic (just alter the first post). Or just repoll. Otherwise we will have people voting for bases that cannot be built.
              Smile

Comment

Not necessary. I bet on my head someone's head sea bases can be built on any non-fungal sea square, at any tech level.
                The confusion may be that only the pirates can plant kelp farm and construct offshores platforms & tidal harnesses, and only after Adv. EcoEng is discovered.
                Because you still get the same standard 3-2-2 sea base production, it is even beneficial to found a base in deep sea, as you save a ocean shelf that way.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Really? I always got the message "You cannot build bases in ocean squares" whenever I tried it. I'll have a look to see.
                  Smile

Comment

would you? i was under the impression it was deep water terraforming, as maniac said.

Comment

No, you indeed cant build a water base on a square more than 1000 meters depth (ocean), AND you cant terraform such a square, though a Kelp farm can extend to such a square.
                      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I'm not going to vote on this poll until the issues with deep water base construction have been resolved.

Comment

ok: you can build in deep water, as proved by the scenario test i just ran (see screenshot)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Isn't that an SMAX shot? Being the Conciousness and all
                            Smile

Comment

Working...
                            X