Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKG
    every damn last one of them.
    Same here (picking 14 and 16 out of the final 3). I'm not a citizen of the region though, in case it matters for ties.

Comment

Boreholes increase/decrease rainyness depending on which side of the continent they're on. Boreholes in those locations should balance each other out.
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
        Boreholes increase/decrease rainyness depending on which side of the continent they're on. Boreholes in those locations should balance each other out.
        Wouldn't that make one side rainier and one side dryer? That would not cancel out, it would create an imbalance between the East and the West of the continent.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
          I'm not a citizen of the region though, in case it matters for ties.
          Well you are always free to become one. I can imagine things are getting quite hot under your feet with the Hive knocking on your door. You have to run somewhere when the last University base gets overrun.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            I can imagine things are getting quite hot under your feet with the Hive knocking on your door.
            My presence in University territory is quite temporary and not for the purpose of residence... the situation degraded at a remarkably inoppurtune time; however, so things are somewhat hectic. I shouldn't even be able to reply to this right now

About the effect of boreholing on climate and nutrient production: If a square gets too dry, forest it. With a TF you'll get 2 nuts (supports its own worker), with a TF and a HF you'll get 3 (1 nut surplus). Forests don't care how dry it is ... if more nutrients are needed, farm/condensor any suitable squares for working/crawling. I prefer forests, as they are a lot more eco-friendly than farmland, and provide nice amounts of all resources with the appropriate infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

Wouldn't that make one side rainier and one side dryer? That would not cancel out, it would create an imbalance between the East and the West of the continent.
              The effect is spread over the whole continent, not just that region.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Working...
              X