OFFICIAL DoSE polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL DoSE polls

Contrary to what I thought, it is impossible to have exact and precise statistics. The game keeps telling me new results each time I check the stats I have, so dont it for a total truth :

Planned / Wealth (current) :
    29 EC / Next tech in 9 turn, 14 turns for a tech / 82 pure reseacrh

Planned / Knowledge :
    30 EC / 7 turns (11 turns) / 98 pure research, techs 20%cheaper

FM / Wealth :
    85 EC / 6 turns (8 turns) / 148 research

FM / Knowledge :
    82 EC / 5 turns ( 7 turns) / 172 research, tech 20ù cheaper

Sorry I wanted to give more statistics, like drones riots, base growth, etc... but since no stats are correct I dont really see the use. Moreover, I give you all these stats that are actually useless, since seeing the number of drione riots that occured this turn, they are completely wrong .

Votes are open though.
    Poll for Economics
    Poll for Values

All questions are welcome.
    Last edited by Pandemoniak; January 6, 2003, 09:48.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Re: OFFICIAL DoSE polls

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
    Contrary to what I thought, it is impossible to have exact and precise statistics. The game keeps telling me new results each time I check the stats I have, so dont it for a total truth :
    Bull****

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
    Sorry I wanted to give more statistics, like drones riots, base growth, etc... but since no stats are correct I dont really see the use. Moreover, I give you all these stats that are actually useless, since seeing the number of drione riots that occured this turn, they are completely wrong .
    Don't you mean.....
    "Sorry, I wanted to give more statistics, like drones riots, base growth, etc... but since the stats clearly show that FM is a better system for us both Drone Wise and Economically until we have the facilities and crawlers in place to support a large population, at which point we should pop boom then go back to FM, I didn't want to show them to you. Moreover, I'm bull****ting about it being impossible to get accurate statistics when everyone else has been able to present accurate statistics on these time and time again."
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Doesn't all this number crunching count as playing ahead?
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Moomin : no, they're taken from the statistics in SE screen and lab research.

Archaic
        Don't you mean.....
        "Sorry, I wanted to give more statistics, like drones riots, base growth, etc... but since the stats clearly show that FM is a better system for us both Drone Wise and Economically until we have the facilities and crawlers in place to support a large population, at which point we should pop boom then go back to FM, I didn't want to show them to you. Moreover, I'm bull****ting about it being impossible to get accurate statistics when everyone else has been able to present accurate statistics on these time and time again."
        No. Any other question to your Director ?

Comment

Actually, he is right. When you change SE settings to see the effect, it can be different each time you chnage to see. Moreover, since you cannot end the turn, you cannot see how many bases will riot or not. So Archiac, as you always say, please back up what you say before saying "Bull****" to everything you don't believe or agree with. Are we meant to believe you appeal to ridicule, without any evidence, or even an loose argument to support it?
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

How many ECs do we currently have? Are there plans for any amount of them (rushing etc)?

What would the resultant effects on Morale, Econ etc be for each choice?

Sorry Pande, I can't consult the manual and I cannot vote until I know these things.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
              Moreover, since you cannot end the turn, you cannot see how many bases will riot or not.
              actually, to be fair, you CAN see what bases will riot in the F4 screen

Comment

Originally posted by TKG

As well as which bases will go GA.

Comment

Two bases will riot next turn, with our current settings : New Suez and Tacticus Academy (pop booming withouth enough drone facilities).

If we switch FM : the following bases will riot :
                  UNPD : growth stopped at 8, no Hab complex at this base anyway
                  Antioch : will need starvation or disband the Trance laser skimship that is to contact Santiago
                  Concordia : already at starvation, cant be helped
                  Pandemonium : will stop growth
                  Terminal Dogma : which is to comple Rec Commons next turn, anyway

If we go FM 40/20/40,
                  we'll have +73 EC per turn, research each 9 turns, next tech in six turns, pure research rate at 121
                  TBIBTU will GA two turns, except if we stop its growth
                  New Suez, Deus ex Machina and Aurora will GA one turn, except if stop their growth
                  Antioch and Terminal dogma will riot (see above for details)
                  UNPD and Tacticus Academy can have one worker back,
                  The stats take in account all the GAs and workers back.

We have 1291 credits, I dont know about the plans of rushing.
                  I m not positive, but I think the +1 Efficiency wont change the Bureaucracy Drones.

The current -2 morale halves our modifiers and lower the morale of all units by one rank. We have ten children creches that impeach this effect inside the bases :
                  New Apolyton, TBIBTU, UNPD, New Suez, Antioch, Tacticus Academy, Concordia, Zanarkand Gate, Mysidia, and Pandemonium.
                  The following bases are building Children's Creches (# behind are turns for completion/cost to rushbuild)
                  Deus Ex Machina 6t/132EC ; Sheathed Sword 4t/148EC ; Crystalis 7t/140EC
                  The above stats were taken in Planned / Wealth, meaning with +2 industry.

To MWIA, ill post the effects as they are described in the manual in the first post of each polls.

Thank you for your attention.
                  Last edited by Pandemoniak; January 7, 2003, 06:21.

Comment

FM 40/20/20 ? I do so hope you mean 40/20/40.

Comment

typo fixed

Comment

Good. Now, correct your statement about the Bureaucracy Drones. +1 Efficiency will indeed have an effect upon them.

Comment

No you can't, it would require you to confirm the SE changes, which IS playing ahead.
                          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Then, I played ahead. I didnt clicked next turn, but I confirm SE settings. To me, it is not playing ahead, since it can be cancelled and doesnt reveal any information apart of informations about our own faction.

Comment

It can't be cancelled, changing SE costs money, AFAIK you don't get that money back if you change it to the original setting once it's OK'ed
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                              X