No announcement yet.

The Debating Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry skip that one then. Any ideas for a topical debate?
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

For future: I think that every debate in this room should end with the poll (with the exception of this one, becuase it was already polled).

Comment

That's a good idea. I'll do that.
        Smile

Comment

Sorry skip that one then. Any ideas for a topical debate?
          Suggestion (after DBTS' recent unit requests):

Our military should place more emphasis on individual unit quality than overall numbers.

Or, is it a good idea to have best-1-1 units defended by 1-best-1 units, or should we have best-best-1 units, etc?

Comment

For our offensive forces, before we gain air control, I'd only to build best-1-2s to attack bases with speed and surprise, to make sure the defenders can't attack us before we attack them, and send some 1-best-1s along to defend the newly captured bases.
            Last edited by Maniac; December 21, 2002, 19:09.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Wouldn't it be a good idea to bring along some 1-best-2s as well, to accompany the rovers in case they got surprised?

Comment

I agree with Maniac. Like the idea GT, will be posted.
                Smile

Comment

This faction believes that not repeating the mistakes of Old Earth is more important than winning as easily as possible.
                  Well first of all we need to define what the mistakes of old Earth are, since until we have something concrete to work with its really a moot point.

Our military should place more emphasis on individual unit quality than overall numbers.
                  Balance in this regard is crucial, a well trained advanced military force can withstand the assault of large numbers, but such a force would most likely be small in number. We should focus on units 1-best-1 for defense, since from the looks of it, the sentiment in our faction is that we do not want war, but we do need to be prepared to defend ourselves.
                  You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Build 1 best 1 for defense in our core homeland and some 1 best 2 for defense at the front line that can then accompany our rovers when the time comes to attack
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I think when available, we should have a 1-best+t-1 (ECM and trance) and a 1-t-1 (AAA and trance) in each vulnerable base. This guards against all forms of enemy attack, and against worm rape. Having a couple of 1-best+t-2 for defending attack units, and a few Best-Best-Best, air to air flying needlejets for airial support is also usuful IMO.
                      Smile

Comment

And we're going to get the minerals to support all these from where exactly?
                        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

*BUMP*

Comment

Ah I suggest this becomes the non-SMACDG related discussions thread, such as the current one held in the CCCP thread.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I think that's a great idea. Anyone can propose things, since I'm not here enough to do it all myself
                              Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                                Ah I suggest this becomes the non-SMACDG related discussions thread, such as the current one held in the CCCP thread.
                                *fetches the tranquilizer dart rifles and cages* K, you get the rover and wait out front of the CCCP building for me to drag them out... I hope you have some sturdy containment cells here...

Comment

Working...
                                X