No announcement yet.

Centralis Governor's Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the LV for Tacticus Academy.....why not build (Expensive) Crawlers and instabuild with them? Or do you plan to instabuild the LV with crawlers we already have?
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Is it actually more efficient to build crawlers at the base to instabuild than to just build the project?

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
        In other words......

Worms = Immune System of Planet
        Target of Immune System = Sentient Life
        Humans = Sentient Life
        => Humans = Target of Immune System

Target of Immune System = Non-Chironian Forms of Life
        Humans = Non-Chironian Forms of Life
        => Humans = Target of Immune system.

While we encourage the growth of more worms through our reintroduction of carbon to the biosphere, it is not because of this that the worms attack us. It is simply because we exist.
        You're reversing the problem : it is because we exist that the immune system of planet (fungus and worms) growthes, and this immune system attacks us because we are non chironians.
        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Your point?

You're reversing the problem : it is because we exist that the immune system of planet (fungus and worms) growthes, and this immune system attacks us because we are non chironians.
          ...? How was he reversing the problem? All he did was state the facts: we encourage the growth of more by introducing carbon into the biosphere, and these worms then proceed to attack us because we're sentient, non-chironian life forms.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
            Is it actually more efficient to build crawlers at the base to instabuild than to just build the project?
            Yes. Even if there isn't spaces nearby for them to harvest FoP's in the meanwhile, they're less expensive to rush than the flat 4 credits/mineral of SP's, and more flexible in the bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
              Worms have been seen to attack other worms in the wild.

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
              If that was the case, we'd have fungal pops even if we weren't producing any minerals.

Comment

Yes. Even if there isn't spaces nearby for them to harvest FoP's in the meanwhile, they're less expensive to rush than the flat 4 credits/mineral of SP's, and more flexible in the bargain.
                That assumes, of course, that I intend to do any crawler rushing at all...

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                  That assumes, of course, that I intend to do any crawler rushing at all...
                  You don't have to rush the crawlers to get a payoff... just move them somewhere to crawl minerals, and you gain overall production (assuming you don't lose too many minerals to more-than-10-mineral-overrun on the crawlers).

There's also the matter, in this case, that we're not all sure we want the LV to be built in TA.

Comment

Well, it's the rushing that prevents that mineral overrun problem there Cedayon. And it's rather inexpensive to do that rushing usually, only a small outlay of credits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
                      Well, it's the rushing that prevents that mineral overrun problem there Cedayon. And it's rather inexpensive to do that rushing usually, only a small outlay of credits.
                      I meant in situations where the per-turn mineral production of the base exceeds the cost of the crawler. I guess that's where expensive crawlers come in

Comment

• *Stretches out in his comfy new chair*

Ahh, perfect. And post 100 in this thread to boot.

*Rubs his hands together in glee*

Well, let's see how much I can bother the DIA this turn about rushing, and everyone else with Terraforming polls....

Comment

Well, let's see how much I can bother the DIA this turn about rushing
                          The DIA is somewhat busy with a compilers project right now, but he'll be taking a look at the save shortly to consider that very question.

Comment

• Welcome to the office, Archaic I hope you enjoy the perks of the job. Unfortunately, the privatisation bonanza has pretty much ended, but the salary is enough on it's own...

Comment

Well, let's see how much I can bother the DIA this turn about rushing, and everyone else with Terraforming polls....
                              you're lucky. you actually had boreholes when you took over
                              /me grumbles

Comment

• *BUMP* First post updated (making use of the second post too, as it wouldn't fit otherwise).

Comment

Working...
                                X