Official: General probe orders pt. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: General probe orders pt. 2

Number 2 of 3 different polls. What to do if we have a probe team at another faction's base with whom we:
    2) Have a Pact or treaty

Options:
    Nothing at all
    Infiltrate only
    Infiltrate then steal techs
    Infiltrate then steal techs only if they have refused to share techs with us
    Infiltrate then steal techs/energy
    Infiltrate then sabotage base facilities
    Allow everything except atrocities
    Allow absolutely everything
    Write-in
    Xenobanana

Edit: Poll open for 3 days.
    Nothing at all
    0.00%
    Infiltrate only
    61.54%
    Infiltrate then steal techs, but only if they have refused to share techs with us
    38.46%
    Infiltrate then steal techs
    0.00%
    Infiltrate then steal techs and energy
    0.00%
    Infiltrate then sabotage base facilities
    0.00%
    Allow everything except atrocities (steal techs/energy, sab. base, assasinate researchers)
    0.00%
    Allow absolutly everything :evilgrin: :evil: :evilgrin:
    0.00%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Drogue; December 2, 2002, 13:44.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

i voted inf. and steal tech only if they refuse....this is only for treaties not for pacts then only inf.
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I also like that option, with caveats. Depends upon how important the tech is: Is obtaining the tech worth the possibility of a vendetta (like preventing someone from beating us to the HSA)? Is it only a matter of time before we're at war with that faction anyway? Fine. There will be situations where we will prefer other avenues to acquisition.

Comment

I like those ideas, but I think we should infiltrate only as the rule, and steal techs as the exception, if circumstances warrant it.
        Smile

Comment

inf and steal, but only with treaty, only if they refuse to trade, and only with elite probes (damn...should have voted write-in)

Comment

I'm appaled the blantant lack of respect for the terms of a Treaty!! If we feel the need to steal from them what right do we have of signing a treaty! Those 4 who voted "steal techs, but only if they have refused to share techs with us" should be ashamed of themselves! Respect our fellow allies, respect the Treaty! Rant over.

What am I saying, it gives me more power ... ahem...
            Smile

Comment

Working...
            X