Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: The last DTC poll ever: Freshwater sea bases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That takes too much mineral IMHO, although if we can I'd be up form it. However, I rarely find AAs in the sea, and maybe if there would be an AA with a transport, there might be something better with a non-troop carrying ship?

I think transports at the moment when we need to be relativly battle ready, transports are too valuble to carry troops, and so empath units are better for pop-popping, although if the people want I'll use transports.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

No sea bases. Trawl it.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Err, Pandemoniak, Drogue, I do not see the problem of this poll, nor do I see how it is biased. I foresaw the problem you mention. Therefore I made a specific voting category for when you want one base and for when you want two bases. So if the option "One base" wins, the most scoring colour under the "One base" options will win. If the option "Two bases" wins, the two most scoring options under the "Two bases" options will win, and all the votes for "One base - purple" will be ignored.

You did read my first post before voting, no?? I thought I explained it quite clearly.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Btw, how do you think I (or TKG) should interpret the results? Should the options with the highest frequency of votes, the modus in other words, win, or rather the midscore or average??

Comment

average!
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

In that case the current leader is "one base - purple".

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                Err, Pandemoniak, Drogue, I do not see the problem of this poll, nor do I see how it is biased. I foresaw the problem you mention. Therefore I made a specific voting category for when you want one base and for when you want two bases. So if the option "One base" wins, the most scoring colour under the "One base" options will win. If the option "Two bases" wins, the two most scoring options under the "Two bases" options will win, and all the votes for "One base - purple" will be ignored.

You did read my first post before voting, no?? I thought I explained it quite clearly.
                Yes I read it, and it said "Naturally, if you vote "one base", please only vote for one location, and if you vote "two bases', choose two lcations" - Which I took to mean that everyone who wants a base at all votes for one location below the 'build 1 base', and those who vote for 2 bases vote for another location below the 'build two bases'. Therefore I presumed if 2 bases one you take the highest from each catagory. As you have now explained it, it would be a good poll, but that wasn't how it was worded IMHO.
                I think if we have one base we should use purple, but if we have two we shouldn't.

Well, in some circumstance I would say take the mean, in others the mode. Whereas the mean is probably the common sensical choice, role-playing I would have to say the mode, since it is the Democratic and burocratic choice.
                Last edited by Drogue; December 2, 2002, 19:13.
                Smile

Comment

so, if i interpret this correctly,we should build 2 bases, one on red, one on brown/white/gray? (i choose brown, BTW )

Comment

Sounds good. Either Brown or white IMO.
                    Smile

Comment

well they tied, so i guess it's my call....unless i heald a re-poll.
                      /me shrugs

Comment

Yep. Your call. Look at the new save, with the black bits explored, and decide between the tied ones. As Governor, I have no preferance.
                        Smile

Comment

Working...
                        X