40.91%
    Archaic
    45.45%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    13.64%

The poll is expired.

i will not yet vote on this one....i want to here a speech first!
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Give Archaic a go. He's proved time and time again he knows what he's talking about - let's give him a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Looks like we have FM vs non-FM (obviously there are moree points than that, but as an ideal)

Let's here what they have to say first. Should be interesting....
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

not voting yet. let's have some debate!

Comment

No debtae needed. Hang him.
            "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
            "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Smile

Comment

Apologies for not having posted earlier, but my motherboard blew a few days ago, and I was unable to get onto a computer with access to this until now.

Is there really any debate needed? If there's any questions about my policies, I'll gladly give you answers.

As much as I'd like to say "A vote for me is a vote for my policies", given that this debate has become polarized around FM Vs. Non-FM instead of being about a mix of all the issues (That's the problem when there's only 2 canditates I suppose), I won't for this election. However, regardless of if I get in or not this time, I'll be making that an official policy of mine for the next.

Oh, and unskilled labourer? If you're not going to contribute anything useful, get the hell out.
                Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                  This debate has become polarized around FM Vs. Non-FM instead of being about a mix of all the issues.
                  I'm sorry for that, my remark above was because it's the only issue I've seen the 2 of you discuss. Also since we don't have an abundance of SE choices yet, it is one that is probably the most hotly debated.

Originally posted by Archaic
                  Is there really any debate needed? If there's any questions about my policies, I'll gladly give you answers.
                  Personally I'd like to hear a few words on what you stand for, what your current and future SE opinions are and what you have in mind for the PK as a faction? I realise it's about more than just FM vs non-FM, but haven't heard you opinions on other choices yet.

Herc, anything to say?
                  Smile

Comment

This is from one of the learned guides to SMAC/X
                    Peacekeepers:

Early on, you've practically got no choice whatsoever - Dem/FM/Wealth is your combo -

Planetary Governorship should be your goal - a boom is necessary before the first elections are called to ensure this. Once you have boomed, and Air becomes available, a switch to Green is unavoidable - you need the efficiency, as well as air units.
                    Note the word unavoidable. And it is not just one authority that takes that view.

We have still someway to go and we are not talking about switching to green tomorrow because we can't: we haven't got green as an option yet.

The debate now is not just about switching to green as soon as possible but about preparing for that eventuality and being sensible. This means no reckless removal of fungus which we can utilise later in the game, perhaps minimal use of boreholes and the reduction if not complete stop to the 80 level of eco damage by a number of strategies suggested elsewhere.

When it comes, the switch to green is not to every other factions liking so we must aim to have sufficient defence in place as a deterrent before the switch.
                    Drogue , myself and others have already acknowledged that in the early establishing phase some non environmentally friendly activity occurs out of the need to survive, so I am not suggesting a complete turnaround. what I am suggesting is care and forethought.

Green with other SE choices can faciliate both the conquer game and the transcendance game. But I think you also, we also, want a safe pleasant and secure environment in the future. You want to be able to visit the crech, stroll in the forest without fear of worm rape. You want to be able to visit the hologram theatre and recreational commons without fear of flooding. It is your future, give me your vote.
                    Last edited by Hercules; November 27, 2002, 11:19.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                      Green with other SE choices can faciliate both the conquer game and the transcendance game. But I think you also, we also, want a safe pleasant and secure environment in the future. You want to be able to visit the crech, stroll in the forest without fear of worm rape. You want to be able to visit the hologram theatre and recreational commons without fear of flooding. It is your future, give me your vote.
                      Well said Herc.

While that guide is probably a good way to run the Peacekeepers, I have never got FM to work (its hard to explore with that much penulties) so I generally run Demo/Planned. Also, since in SP there's not so much problems with having a bad probe team rating (I very rarely get probed) I go for Knowledge too, because morale bonuses are annoying, and Wealth without FM or GA only give +1 energy per base, not much of a bonus IMHO. But that's just me.
                      Smile

Comment

Dead heat so far now this is really getting interesting....
                        Smile

Comment

bah. green is all well and good, bet free market is better

i too used to be afraid of it, but after actually trying it out, i had a lot of success. and besides, just because some guide tells us we *have* to, doesn't me a thing. does the guide vote? of course not.

Comment

Ohhh... but.... but... It's FM! It can't be good! It just can't!!!

* Drogue retires to a corner to contemplate the impending doom that he's been taught must follow turning to the Dark Side.
                            Smile

Comment

besides, all this position involves really is posting polls about setting SE. xenobanana could do it

Comment

Working...
                              X