Peacekeeper Military Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacekeeper Military Front

Citizens! I am here today to anounce the formation of a new political pressure group: the Peacekeeper Military Front, an organization dedicated to increasing the military strength of the United Nations.

Our brief war with Zakharov, our recent discovery of a hostile Human Hive, and our impending economic clash with our neighbour Morgan Industries are all indicative of a growing threat to our faction. No longer can can we allow our great nation to be defended by nothing more than scout patrols and police forces. We must immediately begin a military buildup for the purposes of defending our faction.

Moreover, our industrial development has reached a stage at which we can create armies virtually from scratch with ease. A mere few turns of production in our core bases should be enough to create a formidable miitary force, without any great delay in infrastructural development.

Defend the UN, join the PMF!

uhm, NGO?

Comment

No. It's a political pressure group with an actual agenda, not a discussion area.

Comment

uhm, ok.

screaming loudly in the command nexus isn't enough?

Comment

No, it's not.

Comment

Re: Peacekeeper Military Front

Expose this group for what it really is: A POLITICAL PARTY!!

All the peoples of the Peacekeeping Faction are united in their opposition of petty political parties!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comment

/me writes graffiti on the PMF HQ walls: "We must dissent." and runs away.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Give peas a chance !
                  "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                  "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

/me eats the peas

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

@everything

Comment

Comment

Okay, now can we have some debate about the actual aims of this (1 member) group, namely, a military buildup?

EDIT: 1 member
                          Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 15, 2002, 20:43.

Comment

Or not having a military buildup, as the case may be
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

My opinion is that, while a military buildup is not necessarily a bad idea, it should be done with a specific goal in mind. Specificaly, to be ready to fight the Hive when and if Yang turns on us. To this end, I propose we infiltrate Yang's datalinks as fast as possible, and prepare battle plans to seize the Command Nexus quckly and hold it. If we can accomplish this objective, our industry will propel us to victory in any war.

I still think that our priority at this point should be Secret Projects, specifically the Empath Guild, or if that's not feasible (Zakh won't trade Empathy), then the Citizen's Defense Force. Both of these have important military implications, as does the Planetary Transit System we are now building in New Suez.

In short, my first priority is Secret Projects. My second priority is expansion into unsettled territory. My third priority will be military buildup, and it is third because I think each of the preceding goals will be an asset to our long-run military, as well as civilian, efforts.
                              Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Working...
                              X