X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
      Adam, the problem is that we don't yet have an official definition of what 'playing ahead' actually is. We could give a RP justification that it's just our diplomats exploring the possibilities in advance of formal negotiations, and we would have found this out anyway if we talked to Morgan (assuming he would be willing when we did).
      If it's possible, I'd be grateful.

Comment

i think we should have no playing ahead at all. playing ahead, meaning ending the turn, contacting faction, or moving units

anywho, ASAP we need to order all our coastal bases to work on probe foils. lots and lots of probe foils. send them everywhere, find him, probe him (for tech, energy, maybe a base) and then we'll see what we can do with him.

Comment

I can understand banning moving units or ending the turn, as you'll be finding things out that we probably wouldn't have in the chat, but what's wrong with talking to other factions to see what they'll offer? I gave a RP justification above, and we would find out the same thing if we talked to them during the chat, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
            I can understand banning moving units or ending the turn, as you'll be finding things out that we probably wouldn't have in the chat, but what's wrong with talking to other factions to see what they'll offer? I gave a RP justification above, and we would find out the same thing if we talked to them during the chat, anyway.
            because you'd be finding things out. say you did that before this chat, and found out zak was going to declare war? you just can't do it

Comment

I also think that's nothing wrong with contacting other factions (and not only because I have already done it).

AFAIK, AI's intensions are not randomized at the moment, so it's not possible, for instance, that Morgan declare Vendetta during turnchat. But maybe I'm wrong...

I considered contact with Morgan just like switching SE for a while to see how net income will change. It's nothing more, I think. Of course, it should be banned to see , let's say, whether we will give us tech if threatened, but I didn't do that. Just clicked on his commlink...

Comment

Krov, did you actually do anything more than contact him? Did you ask to trade something, or was it just something he offered when you contacted him?

Comment

I agree all out-of-turnchat play is wrong.

GT: It's not like we want to know that, is it?
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

OK, I agree with moomin, let's forget about this whole affair, I won't do this anymore.

Comment

GT: It's not like we want to know that, is it?
                      Know what?

Comment

Isn't out of turnchat play just like saving and playing ahead on SP to see what happens... therefore i would agree its wrong as it gives us an unfair advantage.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Just what heppened in that contact. The less we know, the less breakage, I think.
                          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                          X