Official Debate: what to do about Zakharov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Debate: what to do about Zakharov

At the start of our last turnchat, we contacted Zakharov, who demanded that we hand over doctrine: Loyalty, or else. When we refused, he declared war. We have as yet been unable to end the war, as Zakharov has been demanding ridiculous sums in exchange for peace. What should we do now?

Ignore him.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

My own orders in the chat were to try and achieve peace for nothing, thus returning the status quo ante, but I think we're going to need some kind of military, at least, to get him to see reason.

Comment

Sea probes. We need to infiltrate, grab map and hit a few techs. I'd bet our old scientific friend will see the light soon enough.

On a related note: if it wasn't crucial planning for and going into FM as soon as possible before, it is now. We need that, or you'll see Zak bribing Morgan into this fray.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I agree with Maniac. He's not on our continent (i think) so he probably won't do much for a while, and our infrastructure *really* doesn't need a war yet IMHO. Just leave him be (but bolster defenses)
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

We don't even know where he is. I say we just continue as normal. Later when our industrial power has grown we can make the rest of Chiron understand we are the true heirs of UN authority.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I agree with moomin that this war makes it imperative that we go FM, but I don't think it's very likely that Zak will get along with Morgan; he's running Planned too.

Comment

I still think with Morgan's base now near ours, FM would just be too easy for his probes. Besides, we need to grow before we can prosper!
                Smile

Comment

What do you mean, too easy for his probes? There's no probe negative to FM.

Comment

sorry got confused for a second. I still favour planned (already given reasons earlier) but i spose to get into Morgans good books FM might be worth it.
                    Smile

Comment

Actually, give that Zak's completing the EG now, I say we need to make this vendetta work for us. Probe first, and let's see if it's somewhere grabbable...
                      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

[cut]
                        Last edited by Kirov; November 2, 2002, 22:37.

Comment

I distinctly remember we decided that this was not allowed when I raised the question. Of course we can't put the genie back in the bottle now, but we'll all need ot remember that in future (I'm going to ask the court about this. I wouldn't be at all displeased if this were allowed, but the law is the law).

EDIT: information deleted.

Comment

Kirov: Playing ahead is banned by our Constitution. I know you did it quite innocently, and don't blame you for it. Nevertheless, it would be best if you edited your post to erase the information you gained in that way, so that others may come to a decision without it.
                            Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Adam, the problem is that we don't yet have an official definition of what 'playing ahead' actually is. We could give a RP justification that it's just our diplomats exploring the possibilities in advance of formal negotiations, and we would have found this out anyway if we talked to Morgan (assuming he would be willing when we did).

Comment

Working...
                              X