Official: Values Social Engineering Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Values Social Engineering Poll

We now have the capability, with our new advances in Industrial Automation, to make Wealth the central goal of our society. Doing so would boost our economy and industrial output. But are we ready to do that -- especially since there are fears that we would become undisciplined and morally suspect? If we continue to value Survival above all else, the morale of our troops would not suffer -- and without disciplined troops to hold off the mind worms, can we even survive, let alone become wealthy?

One option would boost our industrial and economic output. The other would preserve our troops' morale.

This poll will be open for four days.
    Wealth
    75.00%
    Survival
    15.00%
    Write-in
    10.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Adam T. Gieseler

Go cash already.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

why isnt knowelge in the poll? I know we dont have it yet, but we will fairly soon, we could get it next turn from zak. If we do go wealth, we will piss off the university, so in the long run, the tech and commerce income from the university is worth way morew than +1 to eomcney and mineral. SO, I vote for knowlege, and stay simple till then

Comment

Wealth. More cash, speeds construction of crawlers and facilities. We can switch to knowledge soon, when our industrial capacity is bolstered by crawlers.

Comment

Wealth. We have more factories than barracks.

Comment

The morale hit isnt that much of a disadvantage yet so id go for wealth for the bonuses... I take dmm1285's point tho, and reckon knowledge in the longer run is better, but wealth til then IMHO
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by dmm1285
              why isnt knowelge in the poll? I know we dont have it yet, but we will fairly soon, we could get it next turn from zak.
              no we couldn't

knowledge's tech is cyberethics
              Code:
                                                   Cyberethics
                                                        |
                                                        |
                                                        |
                                             ---------------------
                                          |                        |
                                          |                        | 
                                  Planetary Networks       Intellectual Integrity
              so, the Uni likely doesn't have cyber. maybe they have intelI, but i'll bet you ONE whole energy credit they don't have cyber

Comment

forgot to say what i wanted

wealth, but only AFTER asking for a pact. knowledge when we get it of course

Comment

Agreed with TKG.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Agree with TKg & Archaic. As for getting knowledge from Zak: if he had the tech, he'd be running it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                      Agree with TKg & Archaic. As for getting knowledge from Zak: if he had the tech, he'd be running it.
                      also true. not to mention, he'd probably be building the citizen's defence force, indicating he likely doesn't have IntelInteg either

Comment

Well, he might; he might just not have any bases free to start building it.

Comment

-voted 'Write In'-

Survival now, then switch to Knowledge when we get the chance.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Knowledge will be on the next poll. I'm trying to go with only two options on each poll; with multiple options, as done in the past, we end up going by a plurality rather than a majority. I'd rather avoid that confusion if possible.

My ideal situation is to vote on each alternative presented, comparing it to the status quo. We make a change if the new alternative wins a majority; if the status quo wins a majority, we stick with that. If there is no majority, the framework of the poll needs to be questioned and, if feasible, a repoll should be conducted.

The above are my present thoughts on what will work. I may end up changing them as I get more experience with this. In any case, the above are my present reasons.

So, Knowledge will be polled after this poll, with the understanding that if Knowledge is voted in, we will go with the result of this poll until we get Cyberethics.
                            Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Working...
                            X