Official: TBHGTPFTT: Part four.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: TBHGTPFTT: Part four.

It’s time to fulfill an electoral promise, so I present TBHGTPFTT, or more specifically The Big Huge General Terraformation Poll For Term Three. (seven days, multichoice )

Let’s explain:

The Big Huge

This poll exists out of no less than four parts.
    Part one, click here, about what to do with rainy terrain.
    Part two, click here, about what to do with moisty tiles.
    Part three, click here, about rocky terrain.
    Part four, this one, about several matters such as arid & sea terrain, and fungus.

General Terraformation Poll

I would like to draw your attention to the word “general”. I know of course the answer on the question “What to terraform?” is “It depends.”, but that information isn’t quite useful for running this directorate in a democratic way. What I ask you is what terraformation you would most likely use on what terrain under normal circumstances. When you answer this question, I won’t need to poll every terraforming action of every former this term. I’ll only need to poll about special squares, about base locations and where to focus our terraforming powers. Also the bureaucracy involved with this directorate will be reduced to a workable level, and I won’t need to resign out of desperation as Pandemoniak did.

For Term Three

That’s right. I will use the results of this poll for the entire month. I’m sure you wouldn’t like to answer the same questions over and over every week.

Anyway, the questions of this part:

1) What terraformation should we perform on flat/rolling&arid terrain on which a borehole can be built?
    Forest
    Borehole
    Farm&condenser
    Write-in

2) What terraformation should we perform on flat/rolling&arid terrain on which a borehole can’t be built?
    Forest
    Farm&condenser
    Write-in

3) What terraformation should we build on regular sea shelf squares?
    Kelp farm & tidal harness
    Kelp farm & offshore platform
    Some combination of the above two (please specify)
    Ignore it for now
    Plant fungus
    Write-in

4) What tiles should I “defungalize” this turn?
    None
    Only those in the way of our future road network
    Eliminate all fungus around our base squares as soon as possible
    Burn them all!
    Write-in

Man, am I glad this is finished.
    1: forest
    14.29%
    1: borehole
    8.16%
    1: farm&condenser
    2.04%
    1: write-in
    0.00%
    2: forest
    20.41%
    2: farm&condenser
    2.04%
    2: write-in
    0.00%
    3: kelp farm & tidal harness
    12.24%
    3: kelp farm & offshore platform
    4.08%
    3: some combination of the above two (specify)
    8.16%
    3: ignore it for now
    2.04%
    3: plant fungus
    2.04%
    3: write-in
    0.00%
    4: none
    2.04%
    4: only those in the way of our future road network
    14.29%
    4: eliminate all fungus around our base squares as soon as possible
    8.16%
    4: burn it all! :evil:
    0.00%
    4: write-in
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

What if I demand that the Land is terraformed so THAT a borehole can be constructed?
    I mean we have the WP why not use it.
    It takes quite a bit of Terraforming Power I permit but could be worth it.

//also plant only Kelp Farms for now :=)
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

How so? By lowering/raising land to allow a borehole? Whatever it is, please post your ideas here or in the Centauri Preserve. I planned to organize some poll about our use of boreholes somewhere this month, but of course I need as much proposals as possible to make a nice referendum.

Comment

It takes a long time for mining platforms to become very productive - they should be considered primarily for seabases without land squares. Seabases with land squares are best served by a coastal borehole (regardless of terrain and rainfall)

In addition to roadwork, it would be good to clear fungus from rocky squares to start them for mine production (considering that forest expansion will help remove fungus on all other squares).

Comment

Well by Up/Down-Forming of neighbour Tiles or Itself so that a Borehole can be Constructed.
          I cant remember how much time a single terraformer needs but two/three definatly do it in a reasonable amount of Time.
          I guess it depends on how much Tile need to be lifted.
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
            Well by Up/Down-Forming of neighbour Tiles or Itself so that a Borehole can be Constructed.
            I cant remember how much time a single terraformer needs but two/three definatly do it in a reasonable amount of Time.
            I guess it depends on how much Tile need to be lifted.
            Lowering by one has always allowed me to construct a borehole on that square. However, lowering squares can have significant effects on raininess of adjacent tiles and on the courses of rivers. We should be very careful about how and when this is done.

Comment

About such drastic measures as lowering/raising terrain I will always organize a poll. If you have a concrete place in my mind to lower terrain, please post it in the Centauri Preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                About such drastic measures as lowering/raising terrain I will always organize a poll. If you have a concrete place in my mind to lower terrain, please post it in the Centauri Preserve.
                Thanks, that's good to know!

Comment

*BUMP*

Comment

Working...
                  X