Official: TBHGTPFTT: Part two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: TBHGTPFTT: Part two.

It’s time to fulfill an electoral promise, so I present TBHGTPFTT, or more specifically The Big Huge General Terraformation Poll For Term Three. (seven days, multichoice )

Let’s explain:

The Big Huge

This poll exists out of no less than four parts.
    Part one, click here, about what to do with rainy terrain.
    Part two, this one, about what to do with moisty tiles.
    Part three, click here, about rocky terrain.
    Part four, click here, about several matters such as arid & sea terrain, and fungus.

General Terraformation Poll

I would like to draw your attention to the word “general”. I know of course the answer on the question “What to terraform?” is “It depends.”, but that information isn’t quite useful for running this directorate in a democratic way. What I ask you is what terraformation you would most likely use on what terrain under normal circumstances. When you answer this question, I won’t need to poll every terraforming action of every former this term. I’ll only need to poll about special squares, about base locations and where to focus our terraforming powers. Also the bureaucracy involved with this directorate will be reduced to a workable level, and I won’t need to resign out of desperation as Pandemoniak did.

For Term Three

That’s right. I will use the results of this poll for the entire month. I’m sure you wouldn’t like to answer the same questions over and over every week.

Anyway, the questions of this part:

1) What terraformation should we perform on flat&moist terrain below 1000 metres?
    Farm&condenser
    Farm&collector
    Forest
    Borehole

2) What terraformation should we perform on flat&moist terrain above 1000 metres?
    Farm&condenser
    Farm&collector
    Forest

3) What terraformation should we perform on rolling&moist terrain below 1000 metres?
    Farm&condenser
    Farm&collector
    Forest
    Borehole

4) What terraformation should we perform on rolling&moist terrain above 1000 metres?
    Farm&condenser
    Farm&collector
    Forest

5) And of course…
    Write-in
    Just post any remarks in this thread.
    1: farm&condenser
    5.88%
    1: farm&collector
    0.00%
    1: forest
    17.65%
    1: borehole
    1.96%
    2: farm&condenser
    1.96%
    2: farm&collector
    1.96%
    2: forest
    21.57%
    3: farm&condenser
    3.92%
    3: farm&collector
    0.00%
    3: forest
    15.69%
    3: borehole
    5.88%
    4: farm&condenser
    0.00%
    4: farm&collector
    11.76%
    4: forest
    11.76%
    5: write-in
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Maniac; October 30, 2002, 15:29.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Borehole placement seems too specialized a question to leave to a general poll. I answered "forest" to most situations but realize that boreholes are agoing to be necessary. To the extent possible, their placement should be such that they can create more rolling and rainy >1000 meters.

Comment

I must say I'm surprised by the results of my third question here. Based on the terraformation already done, I got the impression a large group was eager to put farms&solars on all rolling&moist terrain.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Voted. Geez, these polls get more and more complex.

Anyway, I think borehole as a standard improvement is out of a question.

Comment

Working...
        X