I have returned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have returned...

Sorry for the long absence. It seems my system at home had a virus that actually blocked certain sites on a Windows XP machine. Thats all it did. When a site reached a certain number of times hit the virus would block it.

At least we think it was a virus. All this time we have been reworking TCP tables and checking ISP settings. A reformat did no good either. However when I started checking other stuff I found the block list. The virus had hidden itself in the MBR.

I have forwarded a copy of my findings to Symantec for them to see what this thing is. Very nasty though. So the systems are now working properly.

My business is booming as well. More hours, more money but less play time :-(

However I should be starting to become active here again. By the way as I read through the back threads, thank you to the folks that held my dream for Antioch. This seemed a good name for my beliefs. Antioch was the city that became the early center of the Christian Church.

I look forward to catching up with everything that is going on.

E. L. Crisler

hi crisler good to have you back you missed alot!
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

crisler is back!

Comment

/me Welcomes Crisler back
        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

It's good to have you back.

Comment

Hiya, Mr. Crisler.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Welcome back Mr Crisler.
              As someone going thru browser hanging hassle (different problem I know), I sympathize with time and effort wasted solving these things. By the way what do those abbrevs mean: TCP and MBR
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
              X