19.23%
    W of the nutrient tile
    3.85%
    SW of the nutrient tile
    46.15%
    S of the nutrient tile
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

The poll will last three days. this is the official poll.

Comment

I like how you abstained from giving away your preferences in the FP. I note the time limit got in too
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

just to help out

Also FYI,
        Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
        Official:

May only be started by a government official. Must have official in the subjectline, and must be used as information gathering or decision making

Poll:
        *Abstain (will Refrain from banana)
        *Write-in-option*****
        *Minimum of 3 days
        *Maximum of 7 days
        *Clear and not biased question and answers

First post:
        *Further explanation of the questions and answers
        *Link to discussion thread (if any)
        *Expire date
        *Stated: information gathering or decision making
        Attached Files

Comment

Great poll!

Are you saying I did state my preference in the first post? I just added the arguments giving for each position. Can I help it few arguments were given for NW of the nutrients??
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

/me must inform you that due to budget cut-backs, this post had been erradicated.

Comment

Well, I know that the word of a simple talent doesn't count for much in this crazy, mixed-up Chironian world, but I think that parking our little colony pod on that river mouth one tile northwest of the nutrient tile would offer the most benefits (terraforming wise, bonus of movement, etc.).

I'd also like to say that it'd be advisable to have that scout regiment turn about and stay in the newly built base until they can scrape up some defense for themselves.

Signed,
              Pigtree Olliphant-Jones History Guy, Esq., Talent
              Last edited by History Guy; September 9, 2002, 18:22.
              Empire growing,
              Pleasures flowing,
              Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

people! we can't go NW of the nutrient tile! if we go SW, then we save an extra turn of movement, and we waste less tiles by not working them. overlap is NOT a bad thing.

Comment

I have to disagree- we have quicker access to the second nutrient tile and the mouth of the river by settling NW.

Comment

Southwest.

Coastal access, got the nutrient tile and some good land on the river, and not much overlap with New Apolyton (1 tile).

If not there, then NW.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by lucky22
                      I have to disagree- we have quicker access to the second nutrient tile by settling NW.
                      what? no we don't.

you heard Mr i-change-my-avatar-every-day vlad! SW!
                      Last edited by Method; September 10, 2002, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                        people! we can't go NW of the nutrient tile! if we go SW, then we save an extra turn of movement, and we waste less tiles by not working them. overlap is NOT a bad thing.
                        The bonus in energy brought by the river will be very useful to our scientists, espeically at this early point where any MegaWatt is rare.
                        And I think we'll have all the time to settle between the two base radius..

Comment

Due to urgence, we wil have to shorten this poll until wednesday, when the next turn will be played.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak The bonus in energy brought by the river will be very useful to our scientists, espeically at this early point where any MegaWatt is rare.
                            And I think we'll have all the time to settle between the two base radius..
                            And if we settle right on that patch of ground with natural ground fertilizers , we can send our first worker squad to a river/rolling&moist tile, still harnessing the energy resource provided by the river. As a bonus of the extra nutrient supply our population will grow sooner and we will be able to send a second worker squad sooner.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

i say SW let our people settle as soon as possible! and we can use the new place from where we can explor this new strange world.
                              Bunnies!
                              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
                              X