No announcement yet.

Need to Step Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sentence after "furthermore was" clumsy. To rephrase- I mean no insult to DBTS or DBTS's abilities by bringing up the notion of elections.
    Well, it *was* DBTS who was the head honcho (not to forget Adam, of course) in creating and TYPing down the thing, so it's quite fair to expect him to adhere to his 'own' constitution, is it not?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

choices:
      A)A new poll for alpha
      B)just let DBTS do it
      C)Vote among directors
      D)Other...?

BTW, kass, what is your avatar??
      Last edited by Method; September 3, 2002, 19:00.

Comment

It's such a minor position - in normal circumstances, all he needs to do is hold elections. It is also, under normal circumstances, not a directly elected position. So why do it now?

If we must hold elections, then so be it, but I really don't see the need. It seems as if there are a few personal vendettas going on here.

Comment

Whoa... "personal vendettas"? Here? Seriously, no, I don't think so. "Constitution".

Comment

IF we follow the constitution we leave it as it is. but if we deviate and make an amendment on it like: when the alpha talent is to hardly pressed to do another govermentjob then we (1)hold new electios/(2)let the runner-up of the runner-up take alpha talent posistion. (without the typos and one of the two options ofcourse)
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Shouldn't the current poll fulfill the letter of the constitution?

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                BTW, kass, what is your avatar??
                It's from Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of the Eva Units.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

that doesn't help

Comment

@lucky: yes i think so but the question states '...for september'. IF someone gets picky he/she can say that this is not a presedent (or something law like)and does not make it ok for the constitution so we had to poll it anyways!
                    Bunnies!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                      @lucky: yes i think so but the question states '...for september'. IF someone gets picky he/she can say that this is not a presedent (or something law like)and does not make it ok for the constitution so we had to poll it anyways!
                      Understood. Are we then now in the position where we can see the outcome of the poll as a mandate to adjust the constitution or do we move to hold an election as quickly as possible? DE seems to be more open to such a notion over in the other AT/constitutional thread.

Comment

yes but he started a official poll without clearly violation the constitution the poll is valid, we have no court to decide otherwise so FOR september we have to do what ever happens to come out the poll. after that we can rewrite the constitution what do you think!
                        Bunnies!

Comment

ok... that seems right. As it stands, the constitution is still adequate for situations where the commisioner' and AT's seats are stable and the AT becomes overcommited, right?

Comment

wel when the AT has two MORE jobs then the game freezes that is in the constitution! but IF the AT has to little time then we need to have new rules..... Am i making any sense now? and does this anwser your question
                            Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                              wel when the AT has two MORE jobs then the game freezes that is in the constitution! but IF the AT has to little time then we need to have new rules..... Am i making any sense now? and does this anwser your question
                              My question is answered. I agree that the AT having no time or a given job being too time-consuming are a seperate issue worthy of a constitutional amendment but we aren't here yet. At least I didn't think so...

Comment

I agree that DBTS should take the Alpha position, but we should do it officially, by poll. And we should make an ammendment allowing us to do so.
                                Independant Member of the SMAC Democracy Game

"The universe is wider than our views
                                of it" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X