No announcement yet.

The Empath Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just letting you know that Ididn't forget my membership here. But I gotta run, my rover is waiting outside. I'll be back.
    Independant Member of the SMAC Democracy Game

"The universe is wider than our views
    of it" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Ade
      Hmm... I remembered probes would affect your integrity.
      Since when? I'm quite sure they don't.
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

are you sure? if they don't then i'll use them more often in SP

Comment

Can't run a test right now. Posting from Uni. But from memory, even if your opponent breaks pact or declares war on you, you lose no integrity whatsoever.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

This is true. And there are many ways you can get someone you don't like to do this, thus effectively declaring war without actually declaring war.
            Independant Member of the SMAC Democracy Game

"The universe is wider than our views
            of it" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

can't believe I've missed this... sign me up!
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I believe that probing, even if it doesn't affect your integrity, leaves the faction in question with osmething of a grudge against you.

Comment

I'll join this group too. I've spent hours dissecting the game's diplomacy text, so perhaps I could be of some use.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I will join this group and my opinion matches Adam's.

Let wars come to us, but i also like the idea of maintaining a military force, for peacekeeping duties you can say and to quickly respond quickly once another faction declares war upon us.

-Mellian

Comment

Sign me up too. From the green perspective the overall aim is not necessarily peace in our time but to save the planet. Not for me (us ie STEP) a eco damaged Waterworld in my old age.
                      Suggest early as possible treaty/pact with Deirdre but know from time to time we'll differ.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sign me up too. From the green perspective the overall aim is not necessarily peace in our time but to save the planet. Not for me (us ie STEP) a eco damaged Waterworld in my old age.
                        Suggest early as possible treaty/pact with Deirdre but know from time to time we'll differ.
                        What value does diplomacy have in saving the planet? Killing polluters?

Comment

Buying time to kill polluters. But also negotiating treaties and pacts with those factions who are also inclined to wage war against the worst polluting factions, even though they may not see it from that perspective

Even if in the short term, we are forced to have a treay /pact with say, the Hive (likely heavy polluters), for basic survival reasons. our diplomatic conduct during the game overall (our reputation), may secure support from others for drastic action, if necessary, regarding the UN Charter for example.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

*BUMP*

Buying time to kill polluters. But also negotiating treaties and pacts with those factions who are also inclined to wage war against the worst polluting factions, even though they may not see it from that perspective
                            And why exactly is it necessary to kill polluters? War is never good for the environment. Why should our people have to shed their blood to protect the environment of another faction? And why should the people of other factions have suffer for the environmental misdeeds of their leaders?

Comment

I'll agree there... more or less, we'd need to push for some sort of occurance in the world council rather than war to stave off the impacts of bad environmental practices.
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

With the Planetary Council in mind, does anyone have thoughts on what measures might be appropriate? If industrial production triggers global warming, as it did on Earth, should measures be taken to restore the preexisting climate? Or is this unsanctionable human meddling, as the Gaians might say? Just fishing for thoughts.
                                Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Working...
                                X