SMAC Primers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC Primers

If you haven't been reading these, go read them now. While you're at it, find a copy of Vel's guide. I've got a V3, and plan to get a V4 when I've got the cash. I *might* be persuaded to email my copy to people who actually are interested and don't already have it.

All the following links have been taken from the Civgaming SMAC Acadamy - http://www.civgaming.net/smac/academy.shtml

Crawlers - Written by Buster for the Civgaming.net SMAC Acadamy - A very comprehensive article on how to use crawlers to blow past your opponents.

Pop-Booming - Written by Buster for the Civgaming.net SMAC Acadamy - A basic how-to on pop-booming, one of the most essential techniques in the game.

Social Engineering Settings - Written by Mark for the Civgaming.net SMAC Acadamy - This is a basic primer on the most efficient SE settings for the original SMAC 7 factions.

Builder's Primer: Early Game - Written by Ogie Oglethorpe for the Civgaming.net SMAC Acadamy - This is an excellent article on the early game mechanics for builder's factions

Terraforming: Options, options, options - Written by Ogie Oglethorpe for the Civgaming.net SMAC Acadamy - An article that explains the various terraforming appoaches in SMAC/X and lists the results. Spreadsheet included.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

perhaps the general forum is the place for this? (and i know what you're suggesting by posting this )

i myself, have V3 on my hard drive, but i confess, it's long and a bit boring to read staring at a screen.

Comment

You're right, TKG... I'd prefer a book.

But these do seem interesting, although I do not play the game by myself much anymore.
      You make my life and times
      A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
        (and i know what you're suggesting by posting this )
        Yes, well, I wouldn't be living up to my reputation if I wasn't blunt and tactless, would I?

Comment

The guide he is referring to, Vel's Guide, is available in print and eBook versions.

I haven't been willing to shell out the money for it just yet, but these web-based guides will likely be very helpful. I'll get back to you all when I've read them.
          Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTG02
            The guide he is referring to, Vel's Guide, is available in print and eBook versions.
            That's only for V4. V3 is a RTF document that was available for free download. Not as good as V4 of course, but still a very useful source of info.

V3 isn't supposed to be around anymore, but some places have it, and as I said, I might be persuaded to email a copy of it to people who'd like to read it.

Comment

doens't vel still have it on his homepage

Comment

Not to my knowledge, no. I've had this V3 since before he released the V4 though, so I can't be certain.

Comment

Working...
                X